Winch security

Old January 22nd 05, 04:11 PM
DougW

RoyJ did pass the time by typing:
> The nice way to do it is to weld a 2" long stub piece of 1" (ID) pipe
> over one or more of the bolt holes. Drill a 3/8' cross hole then install
> the winch as normal, using a deep socket to tighten the bolts up.
> Install a 3/8" bolt through the cross hole, weld the nut tight. If you
> want to remove the mounting bolt, hacksaw or torch off the 3/8" cross bolt.

Actually you could do the same thing but instead of a bolt welded through, just
use a padlock.

Old January 22nd 05, 07:04 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

That's used on all Kalifornia State Park gates here, I think they
modified their combination locks to fit inside a pipe after a friend
shot it off with his 357. We were caught and had to go to court, but
paid off a judge and it was dismissed and didn't have to appear.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old January 22nd 05, 10:39 PM
RoyJ

This type normally used a padlock, they get rusty. It's easier, cheaper,
to use the bolt.

Old January 24th 05, 05:03 PM
Rusted

The 357 seems to be a combination that works on nearly any lock

Old January 24th 05, 07:01 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Or: http://www.billhughes.com/boltcutter.jpg
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old January 31st 05, 01:01 AM
RoyJ

Neither a .357 nor the bolt cutter works on the bolt through the collar
with a welded nut. You have to torch or grind the whole head off.

Old January 31st 05, 01:10 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

What, they have a law that only criminals have torches in your
country?
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

RoyJ wrote:

> Neither a .357 nor the bolt cutter works on the bolt through the collar
> with a welded nut. You have to torch or grind the whole head off.

'95 Lebaron security system reset (it won't start!) maxpower Dodge 2 October 31st 04 08:10 PM
'95 Lebaron security system reset (it won't start!) Brendan Dodge 0 October 31st 04 08:10 PM
Winch??? Zenteren 4x4 4 March 24th 04 03:30 PM
Help with after-market security system identification and uninstall No1 General 0 February 6th 04 05:00 AM