New Vette C6; 500hp 427cu in?

Old January 22nd 05, 12:35 AM
RichA

Default New Vette C6; 500hp 427cu in?

Is this for real? Is that going to be the
stock Vette package??
-Rich
Old January 22nd 05, 01:12 AM
WraithCobra

No, that's the specs for the new Z06. The regular C6 is a 6.0L w/400 bhp.
--
Mike
Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe

Old January 22nd 05, 01:47 AM
pheonix1t

WraithCobra wrote:

> No, that's the specs for the new Z06. The regular C6 is a 6.0L w/400 bhp.

wow!!
I really gotta look at the new vettes!

Oskar

Old January 22nd 05, 02:55 AM
WraithCobra

Joe wrote:
> And the best thing is that it'll actually be a real car that you can
> buy at a dealership. Not like the pipe dream stuff we've been hearing
> about from Ford.

I wouldn't own a Vette if it was free, can't stand the looks. If you want
one, get one.
And don't worry, the Cobra will be made and it will cost less than the base
C6 with more performance and near equal handling.

Old January 22nd 05, 05:10 AM
Hucklebuck

I don't see a stock Cobra match a stock vette's numbers. I'm not a huge
car history buff but when has ford produced a Cobra that had 100hp more
than the GT?

Please don't mention the Cobra R which would be Ford's ridiculously
priced answer to the Z06.

Old January 22nd 05, 06:10 AM
Michael Seeley

03 and 04
. com...

Old January 22nd 05, 06:13 AM

pheonix1t wrote:
> WraithCobra wrote:

> > No, that's the specs for the new Z06. The regular C6 is a 6.0L

w/400 bhp.
> wow!!
> I really gotta look at the new vettes!

Oskar,

The car is a beast, with a capital B,E,A,S, and T! High 11's at 125+
mph in the quarter, right off the showroom floor. For the money, it's
the best American performance car EVER, period. It is THE King of the
Hill.

How GM will ever top this Z06 is beyond me... I just can't imagine its
sucessor...

Patrick

Old January 22nd 05, 10:06 AM

I thought that a few times... but damn these HP numbers these days are just
skyrocketing. Truly amazing what automakers are doing.. especially w/ the
strict emissions requirements. I am nothing short of extremely impressed
with both Ford & Chevy.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

oups.com...

Old January 22nd 05, 11:58 AM
SVTKate

They are very bEEootimus.
Nicest body design they have come out with in eons.

. com...

Old January 22nd 05, 01:11 PM

Exactly why I *can't* look at the new vettes... I hate being poor :<

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake
FRPP 3.73 gears
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo)
Hi-speed fan switch
255/60R-15 rear tires
Subframe connectors
Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant