'05 Hemi magnum REAL mileage

Old June 6th 04, 02:15 PM
GRL

Default '05 Hemi magnum REAL mileage

Anybody had one of these long enough to report real city/highway mileage
numbers? The truck hemi numbers are very bad, but the truck version does not
deactivate cylinders under computer control.

Seen a few running around, but all V6's.
--

- GRL

"It's good to want things."

Steve Barr (philosopher, poet, humorist, chemist,
Visual Basic programmer)

Old June 6th 04, 03:53 PM
Gene Poon

GRL wrote:

> Anybody had one of these long enough to report real city/highway mileage
> numbers? The truck hemi numbers are very bad, but the truck version does not
> deactivate cylinders under computer control.
>

> Seen a few running around, but all V6's.

======================================

I haven't, but as a point of reference, the truck numbers will be much
worse even with an equivalent engine due to the added weight being
dragged around.

-GP
Old June 6th 04, 03:53 PM
Gene Poon

Old June 8th 04, 01:53 AM
GRL

True enough, but the truck numbers are bad even vs. the corresponding GM,
Ford, Toyota, Nissan.

Old June 8th 04, 01:53 AM
GRL

Old June 8th 04, 01:24 PM
Brandon Linden

well man... it's a HEMI, it's not designed at ALL for gas mileage, if it
were, it wouldn't be a HEMI, you can't have it both ways... (you are
comparing a HEMI to a nissan and toyota????)

Old June 8th 04, 01:24 PM
Brandon Linden

Old June 9th 04, 01:21 PM
tedman5

Yes, I have an R/T model and the mileage is about 10-12 round town. Of
course I have been more excited for the first 2 weeks of ownership and
probaly putting my foot in it a bit more than I would normally.
The car overall is awesome to drive and has an excellent ride. I hope to
take it on a road trip this coming weekend and will post a more definite
highway mileage.

Old June 10th 04, 02:39 AM
James C. Reeves

10-12? Ouch!

"tedman5" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
| Yes, I have an R/T model and the mileage is about 10-12 round town. Of
| course I have been more excited for the first 2 weeks of ownership and
| probaly putting my foot in it a bit more than I would normally.
| The car overall is awesome to drive and has an excellent ride. I hope to
| take it on a road trip this coming weekend and will post a more definite
| highway mileage.

Bad Gas Mileage with 2005 330i BMW with Performance Package Kent Lewis BMW 26 December 10th 04 06:14 PM
I drove an '05 Magnum Mr. A Dodge 6 May 29th 04 12:48 AM
Dodge Magnum, seen one? GRL Dodge 3 April 14th 04 04:06 PM