Some questions on this carfax report

Old May 11th 09, 02:41 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
asdf[_3_]

Default Some questions on this carfax report

I'm interested in Ford Escort 2002 that's for sale.
I've run vin number against carfax database but some
of it is beyond my understanding of cars (this is my first purchase)

Can any of you guys take a look at this and tell me if it all seems more
or less ok. The price on car is $3000. I'm particularly concerned about
the following two lines that I see on the report. Not sure if it's just
regular kind of check or indication of potential problems.

Engine/powertrain computer/module checked
Drivability/performance checked

Automatic transmission checked

I will of course take a car to the mechanic and will test drive it.

thanks a bunch in advance for all the help

2002 FORD ESCORT SEDAN 4 DR 2.0L L4 PFI SOHC 8V FRONT WHEEL DRIVE

Year purchased 2002 2003 2004
Type of owner Rental Personal Personal
Estimated length of ownership 10 months 7 months 4 yrs. 2 mo.
Owned in the following states/provinces New York, Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania Pennsylvania, Virginia
Estimated miles driven per year --- --- 4,380/yr
Last reported odometer reading 27,311 37,500 64,459

Purchased: 2002
Type: Rental
Whe New York, Pennsylvania
Est. miles/year: ---
Est. length owned: 1/4/02 - 11/14/02
(10 months)

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
12/14/2001 NICB Vehicle manufactured
and shipped to original dealer
01/04/2002 5 New York
Motor Vehicle Dept.
East Elmhurst, NY Title issued or updated
First owner reported
Registered as
rental vehicle
(major car rental company)
Loan or lien reported
11/14/2002 27,299 Auto Auction Sold at auction
in Eastern Region
Listed as
a manufacturer vehicle
CARFAX Xpert
Dealers routinely buy and sell millions of used vehicles at auction each
year.
11/20/2002 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Philadelphia, PA Title issued or updated
Dealer took title of this vehicle
while it was in inventory
12/10/2002 27,311 Dealer Inventory
Philadelphia, PA Vehicle offered for sale

Owner Two Vehicle History
Purchased: 2003
Type: Personal
Whe Pennsylvania
Est. miles/year: ---
Est. length owned: 3/12/03 - 10/20/03
(7 months)

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
03/12/2003 27,316 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Philadelphia, PA Title issued or updated
New owner reported
10/20/2003 30,758 Dealer Inventory Vehicle offered for sale
01/23/2004 Dealer Inventory Vehicle sold
02/11/2004 30,759 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Philadelphia, PA Title issued or updated
Dealer took title of this vehicle
while it was in inventory
06/09/2004 36,078 DeSimone Auto Group
Philadelphia, PA
215-744-6400
www.desimoneautogroup.com
ww.desimoneautogrou
p.com Oil and filter changed chassis lubricated
Emissions inspection completed
Washed/detailed
Safety inspection performed
09/21/2004 Dealer Inventory Vehicle offered for sale
09/25/2004 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Philadelphia, PA Vehicle purchase reported
10/15/2004 37,500 DeSimone Auto Group
Philadelphia, PA
215-744-6400
www.desimoneautogroup.com
ww.desimoneautogrou
p.com Vehicle serviced

Owner Three Vehicle History
Purchased: 2004
Type: Personal
Whe Pennsylvania, Virginia
Est. miles/year: 4,380/yr
Est. length owned: 11/10/04 - 1/26/09
(4 yrs. 2 mo.)

Topper

CARFAX Xpert Low mileage! This owner drove an estimated 4,380 miles per
year, lower than the industry average of 15,000 miles. These vehicles can
be a better value.

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
11/10/2004 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Philadelphia, PA Title issued or updated
New owner reported
10/07/2005 48,749 DeSimone Auto Group
Philadelphia, PA
215-744-6400
www.desimoneautogroup.com
ww.desimoneautogrou
p.com Engine/powertrain computer/module checked
Drivability/performance checked
11/09/2005 49,044 DeSimone Auto Group
Philadelphia, PA
215-744-6400
www.desimoneautogroup.com
ww.desimoneautogrou
p.com Automatic transmission checked
11/01/2006 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Philadelphia, PA Registration issued or renewed
02/15/2008 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Philadelphia, PA Registration issued or renewed
01/26/2009 Virginia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Plano, TX Vehicle purchase reported
02/26/2009 64,459 Virginia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Plano, TX Title issued or updated
Vehicle repossessed
03/02/2009 Auto Auction Sold at auction
in Eastern Region
Listed as
a fleet vehicle
Old May 12th 09, 01:54 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Bob Bailin

I didn't know auto dealerships made reports to CarFax
other than when they sold a car. Those lines are just
routine checks, nothing to worry about.

Since this car was originally a rental vehicle, make sure your
mechanic pays special attention to the condition of the AT.
If you end up buying the car, an AT fluid & filter change
(not a flush) would be good preventative maintenance.

Old May 12th 09, 06:57 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Mike

Is preventative maintenance anything like preventive maintenance?

..