LVMOC 6th Annual The Drive to Survive

Old April 6th 09, 11:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Default LVMOC 6th Annual The Drive to Survive

Okay, Chris - here it is with its own header! At least it will
look like more traffic on the ng. ;-)

I'm happy to announce the Lehigh Valley Miata Owners Club Sixth
Annual "The Drive To Survive" to benefit the Breast Cancer
Research Foundation.

We'll be holding The Drive on Sunday, October 4, 2009 from 9:00
am to 5:00 pm, starting at Young Mazda, 191 Commerce Park Drive,
Easton, PA 18045. The event includes a continental breakfast,
an 80-mile romp through the Pocono Mountains, lunch, raffles and
a silent auction.

Registration is $30 per person and there will be a ton of gift
baskets for the auction. This year we're having separate raffles
for "big ticket" items, such as a full polishing kit (complete
with dual-action polisher), a flat screen tv, a full cb radio
set-up, and other items to be announced!

To date our club has donated nearly $35,000 to the BCRF raised
solely through The Drive To Survive. We're in the process of
having our organization listed on their Grassroots page with a
link to our event.

More info as it becomes available can be found at the club
website: www.lvmoc.net

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata
Yes, I'm on the committee, why did you ask? <G>

Old April 6th 09, 11:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

THAT'S the way ya do it! Hopefully you'll get some participants /
contributors from our lil NG!

Chris
99BBB

Old April 8th 09, 02:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Here, here's some traffic.......... a link right to the info, how's about
that.

http://www.lvmoc.net/calendar/event....81207150020640

Man, ya'all plan AHEAD! Here you are trying to get out of winter and that
event is about when winter will be creeping back in again, eh?
Sounds like fun though.

Chris
99BBB

Old April 8th 09, 03:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Here, here's some traffic.......... a link right to the info,
> how's about that.
>
> http://www.lvmoc.net/calendar/event....81207150020640
>
> Man, ya'all plan AHEAD! Here you are trying to get out of
> winter and that event is about when winter will be creeping
> back in again, eh?
> Sounds like fun though.

Yes, we do plan ahead and the committee has already met 3 times
since the first of the year. Since we're doing raffles as well
as the auction, we like to get the tickets available early. That
means we have to get the raffle *items* early too.

And then there's the route planning - we try to get an early
start on that too. It gives us great excuses for going out
driving. "Sorry, honey, we're planning the route (again) today.
I'll be back - later." <G>

There's lots of photos in the gallery of previous years' Drives -
they'll be under each year's section. You may have to register
at the site to see the gallery but there's no charge and we
guarantee no spam from us.

And it's for a Very Good Cause.

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red