Ike's aftermath: The return of $4 gas-2009 Ram DOA

Old September 16th 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

Default Ike's aftermath: The return of $4 gas-2009 Ram DOA

Jim Higgins wrote:
> Miles wrote:
>> Jim Higgins wrote:
>>
>>> Gas prices poised to climb towards record levels again as hurricane
>>> hits center of nation's oil refining base; Ike could also cost
>>> insurers up to $18 billion.

>> Not climbing here. Gas dropped another 5 cents today, down to $3.29
>> regular, $3.65 diesel. Thats back to January prices. Still about
>> $.80 higher than last year at this time for diesel but still dropping
>> despite the dooms dayers.

> $4.199, give or take a few cents, in West Michigan-about 30-40 cents
> more than it was per-Ike.

The stations I normally use are hovering at $3.59 right now, about 10
cents higher than pre-Ike. Of course I'm only 200 miles from Houston, so
the effects are more pronounced. A few stations ran out of fuel just
before the storm hit.

This morning's paper said that none of the key refineries sustained
significant damage, and they're in the process of coming back online
right now. Galveston and Houston have huge infrastructure damage and
power will be out in some areas for several more weeks (maybe months in
Galveston) but the refineries will be back at work within a week.

Old September 20th 08, 04:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

It NEVER ceases to amaze me at how quick the doomsayers kick into action
on these allegedly "dire circumstances"!

Gas prices have now stabilized at about $3.70 for regular unleaded, or
even a little less. Crude oil prices are falling, too, but it has been
noted that the oil companies are now somewhat recouping their losses on
the downside of things rather than on the upside--gas did not rise the
same percentage as crude oil prices did when they were "spiked".

These same doomsayers have not considered that the new 2009 Ram is more
aerodynamic than the truck it replaces. Or that the HEMI has been
upgraded and is more fuel efficient, too, plus MORE horsepower.

Increasingly, it seems, the media is being staffed by those who write
articles quickly to "get there first" rather than taking a little more
time to see what's all involved. The thought of researching what they
are writing about never seems to enter into the mix! They have seemed
to master "the authoritarian" approach to their articles to make it seem
like their information is infallible. In short, another article that
seems to push a particular agenda (i.e., "no trucks") and ends up doing
more harm than providing efficient and credible information.

Regards,

C-BODY

Old September 20th 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

wrote:
> It NEVER ceases to amaze me at how quick the doomsayers kick into action
> on these allegedly "dire circumstances"!
>
> Gas prices have now stabilized at about $3.70 for regular unleaded, or
> even a little less. Crude oil prices are falling, too, but it has been
> noted that the oil companies are now somewhat recouping their losses on
> the downside of things rather than on the upside--gas did not rise the
> same percentage as crude oil prices did when they were "spiked".
>
> These same doomsayers have not considered that the new 2009 Ram is more
> aerodynamic than the truck it replaces. Or that the HEMI has been
> upgraded and is more fuel efficient, too, plus MORE horsepower.
>
> Increasingly, it seems, the media is being staffed by those who write
> articles quickly to "get there first" rather than taking a little more
> time to see what's all involved. The thought of researching what they
> are writing about never seems to enter into the mix! They have seemed
> to master "the authoritarian" approach to their articles to make it seem
> like their information is infallible. In short, another article that
> seems to push a particular agenda (i.e., "no trucks") and ends up doing
> more harm than providing efficient and credible information.
>
> Regards,
>
> C-BODY

Yeah - and they act upset when they are referred to as the "hate
America" crowd, even though it is clear that all of their hopes and bets
are on failure whether the subject is Iraq or the economy.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old September 20th 08, 02:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Jim Higgins wrote:
> Bill Putney wrote:
>> who wrote:
>>> In article
>>> utertechnology>,

>>> That is only a local shot term affect of a serious storm that stopped
>>> fuel production temporarily.
>>> Oil hit $100 on Friday, on it's quick drop to $80 or less.
>>> Gasoline will be dropping as well, back to the 2007 prices.

>> Do you think maybe "Jim Higgins" has an agenda? Check all his posts
>> here since February ("his" first post here). I wonder who's funding him.
>>
>> Bill Putney
>> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
>> address with the letter 'x')

> Look at reality.

Yeah - we're looking. Looks like you went away as fast as you came. If
you're reading this "Jim Higgins", tell George Soros to screw himself.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')