Mederma Skin Care for Scars, Topical Gel 50g/1.76 oz

Old May 22nd 09, 06:06 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default Mederma Skin Care for Scars, Topical Gel 50g/1.76 oz

Price:$29.95
Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B000FBSNEY
Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B000FBSNEY

i didn't really like this product, after a few times. my skin started breaking out!
My daughter got a scar on her face. She picked off a scab on her face and the resulting scar was bright red. I gave it some time, but the redness did not fade readily. I understand scars can fade over time, especially on kids; but since it was on her face, I did not want to take any chances. That it only might work was good enough for me. I've used Mederma regularly on her face for about a month and it is definitely faded, not so noticeable anymore. I also have a deep scar that is 35 years old right smack on the bridge of my nose. It's not fading any more than it has. I decided to try it on that and also a recent burn scar on my arm. The scar on my arm is looking better. It's still there but smooth and fading. The one on the bridge of my nose is deep. I think it looks better but it will be many months before I think I'll truly know. I'll be back to update at that time. For now, I think it does seem to help and really doesn't hurt new scar formation.
I ordered this product to help make a few scars less noticeable. I had a scar on my back that I have been using it on, and you can still tell it is there, but all of the skin over the scar is the same color as the rest of my back, making it less noticeable from a distance. You can only see it when you get up close and know what you are looking for. I got this product from the listed seller and received the right size.
This product doesn't actually work. It didn't work for me anywhere I used it, and it didn't work in a scientific study that tested rabbit ear scars (which someone previously noted): "Histologic analysis demonstrated no significant reduction in scar hypertrophy or scar elevation index...No significant difference in dermal vascularity or inflammation was noted...no significant reduction in scar erythema with Mederma treatment" (Saulis A.S. et al. "Effect of Mederma on hypertrophic scarring in the rabbit ear model).For the people who claim that this product worked for them, I think your skin either healed on its own, you're a Mederma employee, or it's all in your imagination. The only thing that might have had some effect was that you kept the area moisturized while it healed. Even old scars, over the course of weeks or months (which is the amount of time the Mederma tube claims it will take to see improvement, something like 6-8 weeks), will change somewhat. The Mederma has nothing to do with it. There's no better way to honor the lives of the poor rabbits who died in the study than not buying the product that proved completely ineffective. Please don't buy Mederma.
I have had sever acne in the past and was left with unattractive scars on my face. I purchased Mederma at my local CVS even though it was expensive, because I needed a solution. Mederma does work well, but don't expect to see results instantly. You need to apply Mederma regularly and consistently for about a month in order to see results. It really does work though. My scars are much more toned down and less visible.

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Bio-Oil, 2-Ounce Bottle:http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B000VPPUEA
ScarAway Professional Grade Silicone Scar Treatment Sheets - Full Dr. Recommended 12 Week Supply - 12 Re-usable 3" x 1.5" sheets - FREE Storage Case Included! -The Solution for your Scar:http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B001AJ4L1E
Mederma® Cream W/spf 30, 1.76-Ounce Tubes:http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B00138XK7S
Mederma 50gr Tube- 3 Pack:http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B00014GF4U
Mederma Skin Care for Scars, 1.76 oz (50 g):http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B000052YOB