Sloth Kills Two More

Old December 27th 04, 12:02 AM
John David Galt

Brent P wrote:
> It is solved by a simple technique. Signal, check, re-check, start moving
> over slowly. If someone is there they will have time to either adjust or
> make their presence known by moving into the field of vison or through
> audiable signal.

Most truck cabs are so noisy they won't hear your horn if they try.
Old December 27th 04, 12:18 AM
Brent P

In article >, Dave Head wrote:

>>It is solved by a simple technique. Signal, check, re-check, start moving
>>over slowly.

> Yet someone who was attempting to be as cautious as he could, failed. Don't
> even think about trying the "He's a moron" idea - it happens way too regular
> for them all to be morons.

I kind of doubt that.

>>If someone is there they will have time to either adjust

> Like what? Say there's a Jersey Wall on the left, like I saw a truck squish
> another car into in Kentucky or Tennessee (forget which - long time ago.)
> There was nothing the guy could do...

Making counter points is a lot easier by spliting sentances. Try the
whole thing together.

>>or
>>make their presence known by moving into the field of vison or through
>>audiable signal.

> He didn't have time to move anywhere, and the damn trucks make _way_ too much
> noise for the puny auto horn to be heard.

They seem to hear mine. I dunno.

> Denying there's a problem doesn't make it go away...

I am not denying a problem. I am doubting that the caution claimed is
given. I've watched truckers do acceleration lane passing. I've watched
truckers tailgate so close that even my brembo equiped mustang would have
a hard time avoiding a collision. I've watched semi's make quick
unsignaled lane changes without regard to who was next to them. I've
seen truckers not follow lane restrictions. I've seen truckers accelerate
to keep people from merging on to the interstate. I've seen lots of MFFY
behavior on t he part of truckers that were clearly not mistakes.

I've seen so much MFFY behavior of truckers I have to make it the
default.

Old December 27th 04, 12:18 AM
Brent P

In article >, Dave Head wrote:

>>It is solved by a simple technique. Signal, check, re-check, start moving
>>over slowly.

> Yet someone who was attempting to be as cautious as he could, failed. Don't
> even think about trying the "He's a moron" idea - it happens way too regular
> for them all to be morons.

I kind of doubt that.

Old December 27th 04, 12:19 AM
Brent P

In article >, John David Galt wrote:
> Brent P wrote:
>> It is solved by a simple technique. Signal, check, re-check, start moving
>> over slowly. If someone is there they will have time to either adjust or
>> make their presence known by moving into the field of vison or through
>> audiable signal.

> Most truck cabs are so noisy they won't hear your horn if they try.

Then why do they seem to hear mine?

Old December 27th 04, 12:19 AM
Brent P

Old December 27th 04, 02:23 AM
Jim Yanik

Dave Head > wrote in
:

> 'Spose if the Vette hadn't been driving in the very dangerous right
> lane, he might not have had any problem with the moron trucker?
>
> DPH

Only in your distorted,rationalized view of things.

"very dangerous right lane";LMAO.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net
Old December 27th 04, 02:23 AM
Jim Yanik

Dave Head > wrote in
:

Old December 27th 04, 02:26 AM
Jim Yanik

Dave Head > wrote in
:

> They also say there's no room in a cab for a camera
> display for an electronic rear-view mirror, that you couldn't keep the
> camera aimed properly, that you can't keep it clean enough to work,
> etc.

Sounds like all the excuses you make for LLBing.
In a word;lame.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net
Old December 27th 04, 02:26 AM
Jim Yanik

Dave Head > wrote in
:

Old December 27th 04, 02:47 AM
John David Galt

>> Most truck cabs are so noisy they won't hear your horn if they try.

> Then why do they seem to hear mine?

Is yours a tuba?