Co must be full of 'em

Old December 26th 04, 08:13 AM

gpsman wrote:

> Please go to: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.autos.driving
> then explain to me exactly how what you describe is done. I've only
> been computing since the Trash-80 days so I'm kinda stupid.

I just clicked on show options, then clicked on reply. I don't see
what's so difficult about it.

> You couldn't be more full of **** on your commute stats.

Nope. Those are actual stats from 2 years worth of samples.

> You average 66 mph over a 42 mile run? In a city?

Listen, much as I like to see you repeatedly prove your stupidity, look
up US 460 in southwest VA, and southern WV on a map and report back to
me.

> "Your not dealing with your ordinary, average, everyday idiot here".

You're correct. I evidently am dealing with a one of a kind moron.

Old December 26th 04, 08:20 AM
gpsman

Yeah, you're the best driver in the world and I am simply a moron.

I surrender, you win.

I was born in Cincinnati but anyone is allowed to leave there anytime
they please. I opted out. I thought the same applied everywhere in the
US. You must be jailed in ****cago. That's gotta be a bitch...

Anyhoo... please just place me in your killfile, I don't have one. Give
my best to Bubba.

Aloha...
-

- gpsman

Old December 26th 04, 10:11 AM
gpsman

Wow! Thanks for the posting help. I didn't realize just hitting reply
snipped. I'm trying your genius method this time and hoping for the
auto-snipcut&paste option to work this time.

Thanks again!!!

Yessir.Sgt gpsman reporting back as ordered.

You mean 460 between Princeton and Blacksburg? Yep, that looks like a
road all right. Am I to somehow substantiate your commute time based on
that info? It looks mountainous. I'd guess you'd have to run that
stretch about 80 or above to average 66 mph, door to door. If you can
do that, I fail to see the validity of your bitch.

I mean, how fast is fast enough? If you could be beamed to work and
back it seems to me you'd bitch about that delay.

You guys are the George Carlin sterotype; "Anybody going faster than me
is a maniac. Anybody going slower than me is a moron". Well, guess
what? Almost everyone is going either faster or slower than you. Almost
everyone feels they should enter the traffic pattern and all other
drivers should instantly match their speed. Guess what again? It ain't
gonna happen.

You're don't do it, Khokar ain't gonna do it and I ain't gonna do it.
Your Momma's not gonna do it. I'd mosey on over to the right lane and
go with the flow. In your commute I wouldn't be 2 minutes behind you, I
don't give a **** how fast you went. I've seen it too many times boys,
from both sides. Racing to get somewhere and not even having my ass out
of the car before my slower driving compatriot pulled up

You can fight traffic if you want. Most people do. I used to do it too
and arrive at work and home frustrated and ****ed off. But I didn't
arrive with any worthwhile gain in time and neither do you. It just
can't be done in the volume of traffic (where you live) that exists
today.

I removed the word "hurry" from my vocabulary 20 years ago and the
concept just kinda went with it. Today I arrive a few minutes later
happy and relaxed. I don't compete on public roads anymore. I always
yield the right-of-way. I'm never in such a hurry that I can't give the
other guy a break, no matter how many "other guys" there are. I just
don't give a **** anymore. As long as it takes is as long as it takes.
I leave early enough to almost never be late. And if I'm late, I'm
late. Jesus, I got a cell phone and can call and let 'em know I'm gonna
be late. Who gives a **** about a few minutes?

I'm guessing you guys have never walked anywhere. You've never used a
bicycle as transportation. That's a generational thing. You've either
driven or been driven everywhere your entire life. That's why you're in
such a goddamn rush to get everywhere. ****, kids today are almost all
driven to school by a parent, very few ride the bus. If I missed the
bus my ass had to walk 3 miles and I could get there before first bell.
Took less than 45 minutes. I walked 1 mile to school in the third
grade. There was no bus and you could get the taste slapped out of your
mouth for asking for a ride for a measley 2 mile round trip. We thought
nothing of traveling 20 miles as little kids on our biles. I spent 13
years in Hawaii and for 6 of 'em I didn't even own a car. I biked
everywhere and racked up a lot of miles. We'd do 100-140 miles on a
Saturday for ****s & giggles and knock 'em out in 4-6 hours, easy.

Listen, I'll will never darken your ng beyond this thread. You guys
seem to know it all already and my paltry experience has been deemed
worthless in comparison to your limitless knowledge. ****, I knew all
myself at one time. Continue your rants about things over which you
have no control and people who choose to drive slower than you and
enjoy your heart attacks about age 40. If your kids are killed in a
crash after being taught the "real" way to drive don't you give it a
second thought. It won't be your fault. Parents have no obligation to
set an example for their children these days. That's what actors and
professional athletes are for.
-

- gpsman

Old December 26th 04, 08:32 PM
Brent P

In article . com>, gpsman wrote:
> Yeah, you're the best driver in the world and I am simply a moron.

You are the one bragging, not I.

> I surrender, you win.

Since you have offered nothing of substance that's probably good.

> I was born in Cincinnati but anyone is allowed to leave there anytime
> they please. I opted out. I thought the same applied everywhere in the
> US. You must be jailed in ****cago. That's gotta be a bitch...

> Anyhoo... please just place me in your killfile, I don't have one. Give
> my best to Bubba.

Like I said, you have nothing of substance to offer. Learn to post and
how to lurk before opening your pie hole.

Old December 26th 04, 08:32 PM
Brent P

Old December 26th 04, 10:45 PM
Arif Khokar

gpsman wrote:

> Wow! Thanks for the posting help. I didn't realize just hitting reply
> snipped.

No, it just left the quoted text in. I just deleted portions I wasn't
responding to.

> I'm trying your genius method this time and hoping for the
> auto-snipcut&paste option to work this time.

Why don't you just admit that you're too stupid to learn how to do it.

> You mean 460 between Princeton and Blacksburg? Yep, that looks like a
> road all right.

It certainly is. It's a 4 lane limited access divided highway.

> Am I to somehow substantiate your commute time based on
> that info?

Well, it certainly isn't within one city like you claimed in your

> It looks mountainous.

It really isn't more mountainous as compared to any other controlled or
limited access highway around here.

> I'd guess you'd have to run that
> stretch about 80 or above to average 66 mph, door to door.

I never said door to door. My timing was from entering to exiting the
highway both at and above the speed limit.

> I fail to see the validity

It's quite simple. I just drive 70 to 80 mph for the first 14 miles and
about 65 to 70 for the rest of the trip (slowing down as needed). From
there, it's quite easy to see how I manage to average 66 mph most of the
time.

> I mean, how fast is fast enough? If you could be beamed to work and
> back it seems to me you'd bitch about that delay.

I could walk, but that would take me 11 to 12 hours one way. I could
ride a bicycle, and, making a totally ludicrous assumption that I could
average 20 mph, it would still take me 2 and 1/2 hours minimum.

> You guys are the George Carlin sterotype; "Anybody going faster than me
> is a maniac.

Not really. They'll have no problems passing me and, if I feel like it,
I'll just use one of them as a "rabbit."

> Anybody going slower than me is a moron".

Only if they're blocking the left lane. I have no problems with slower
drivers who keep right except to pass.

> You're don't do it, Khokar ain't gonna do it

Dumb****, is the email address I use for
google groups postings.

> I'd mosey on over to the right lane

I drive in the right lane except when I'm passing or preparing to take a
left turn.

> You can fight traffic if you want.

There really isn't much traffic to fight here.

> I'm guessing you guys have never walked anywhere.

I've walked plenty of places. When I was in college, I used to park
about a 15 minute walk from my classes.

> You've never used a bicycle as transportation.

I did around campus when it was warm enough to do so.
Old December 26th 04, 10:45 PM
Arif Khokar