fuel consumption enigma

Old June 14th 05, 02:59 PM
Mike Romain

It is really easy to figure out what is telling you stories.

Just fill it up and drive 100 km then fill it again to see what real
life says to compare to the computer's BS.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old June 16th 05, 06:52 AM
carl

Hi all,

I'm sorry I did not reply sooner.

Thanks for all of these replies.

As I stated, the fuel consumption at fill up is the same low level, and
I am not sure that I checked against highway mileposts. But as the tach
meter indicated only 10% off truth, I will have to check the odometer
separately.

Today my valves were found to be a bit loose stemmed, but they were too
tightly stemmed at the low level of consumption. And consumption has
not gone up tremendously after the first correction nor the one today.

The spark plugs aren't showing lean mixture signs.

The ECU could be in error, but on the other hand, it has for every
problem double checks, parameter checks and warning codes. None of
these have been found pointing to something. A definite rarity indeed.

I will have to find a non-sceptical mechanic, who is willing to look
and find ...

Thanks again for your replies.

Carl

Old June 16th 05, 09:15 AM
Willy Eckerslyke

carl wrote:

> Today my valves were found to be a bit loose stemmed, but they were too
> tightly stemmed at the low level of consumption. And consumption has
> not gone up tremendously after the first correction nor the one today.

Perhaps someone's nicked your wheels and replaced them with smaller ones.
Old June 19th 05, 02:33 PM
dojj

did you turn the AC on?

ups.com...

Old June 21st 05, 12:43 AM
Bob Shuman

If everything else is OK, re-check your tire pressure.

Old June 22nd 05, 12:19 PM

No. And it would rather push consumption upwards.

Old June 22nd 05, 12:19 PM

No. And it would rather push consumption upwards.

Old June 22nd 05, 08:58 PM
dojj

?
huh