Which is the best year of MX-5?

Old January 25th 05, 11:11 AM
ner_ner

Default Which is the best year of MX-5?

I am looking at buying an MX-5 for a weekend/track day car and I would be
interested in hearing what people think are the best of the MX-5s over the
years. I have been told by a few people that the first of the 1.8s are the
best?

What do you think?

Old January 25th 05, 02:28 PM
Leon van Dommelen

"ner_ner" > wrote:

>I am looking at buying an MX-5 for a weekend/track day car and I would be
>interested in hearing what people think are the best of the MX-5s over the
>years. I have been told by a few people that the first of the 1.8s are the
>best?

The 94-95 may be the best if you want to modify the car, maybe.
(no OBD II). But you can get high power out of earlier Miatas
just as easily.

In 1995, the real oil gauge disappeared, but it can easily be
added. There are bracing variations, but braces can be added.

If you want to AutoX them, a 93 or earlier, or 99 or later is a
better idea.

For normal driving, note that a 1994 is now 11 years old or more.
Though they are very sturdy cars.

Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)

New year chat? Olli Lammi VW air cooled 2 December 27th 04 03:29 AM
What year was it made? Boffer 4x4 0 December 18th 04 08:19 PM
Car of the Year Dan Larsen Chrysler 40 November 30th 04 05:50 PM
Ok...I've got a little over a year to think this one over... Anthony Mazda 9 October 13th 04 04:15 AM