Glittering windsheidl

Old September 23rd 04, 06:25 AM
anonymous

Default Glittering windsheidl

When driving into the sun, the windshield glisters. What can be done to have
a clear windshield when driving into the sun?

Old September 27th 04, 07:40 AM
Box134

I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but I would recommend cleaning your
windshield. After you clean it, clean it again a few times. You can't get it
too clean. I know when I think I have mine clean, I drive into a low sun and
I see all the grime that still left. I find too that dirt helps frost
neucleate on the windshield in winter. So you can't get the windshield too
clean!!

Old September 27th 04, 12:57 PM
Nick Hull

In article >,
"anonymous" <no @ mail . com> wrote:

> When driving into the sun, the windshield glisters. What can be done to have
> a clear windshield when driving into the sun?

My wife had that problem. It was due to something her daughter put on
to waterproof the windshield when driving in rain. It worked poorly but
came off with dishwashing detergent.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
Old September 27th 04, 07:16 PM
Art

Do you use a drive-in carwash with brushes? Windshield may be permanently
damaged by brushes.

Old September 27th 04, 09:51 PM
Roy

If you look really closely at the windshield does it have a bunch of little
pock marks in it. I had a car that was owned by someone that travelled on a
dirt road every day. The dirt and dust coming up from the cars in front of
him marked up the windshield over time. When I bought the car I found that I
could hardly see when driving into the sun but the rest of the time it
didn't look bad at all. If this is the case then you may see if a glass
place can fix it or you may need to replace the windshield. I solved my
problem by getting a Saturn that didn't have a pocked windshield.

Old October 7th 04, 02:06 AM
teem

I think it's the springs on the wiper arms-way too tight,I mentioned this ti
a Saturn employee,& he just shrugged his shoulders,felt real good then.I
mean how many times do you have to buy new blades,exception on winters.

Old October 8th 04, 06:01 AM
werner339

I live in the desert, and within a year or so, the pitting from the blowing
sands makes the windshield glitter from very small pits. It's very
annoying, but I've learned to live with it. Otherwise it would require
frequent windshield changes.

Old October 9th 04, 03:57 PM
anonymous

The dealer applied the Teflon coating to the car. I've washed the car a few
times, so anything that would come off, already is.

Old October 9th 04, 03:58 PM
anonymous

I've the the Exxon no touch car washes.

ink.net...

Old October 9th 04, 03:59 PM
anonymous

The whole windshield glitters, not just the wiper area.