Treatment for Buffalo Leather on 745i turbo

Old September 5th 06, 10:21 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
LoboTx

Default Treatment for Buffalo Leather on 745i turbo

Hi guys,
I've got a 1985 745i turbo with the buffalo leather interior. It's in
pretty good shape (no tears, etc), is slightly soiled/spotted and on
the dry side. I've had Leatherique, Connely's Hide food and Lexol
recommended and wondering what experience is out there with this
particular kind of leather ? At a friend's recommendation I tried
plain saddle soap on a dirty door handle area and it got it clean but
darkened the leather quite a bit, but I think most of these other
products will likely darken it also.
Suggestions ?

Thanks,
745i fan

Old September 5th 06, 10:21 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Richard Sexton

In article >,
LoboTx > wrote:
>Hi guys,
>I've got a 1985 745i turbo with the buffalo leather interior. It's in
>pretty good shape (no tears, etc), is slightly soiled/spotted and on
>the dry side. I've had Leatherique, Connely's Hide food and Lexol
>recommended and wondering what experience is out there with this
>particular kind of leather ? At a friend's recommendation I tried
>plain saddle soap on a dirty door handle area and it got it clean but
>darkened the leather quite a bit, but I think most of these other
>products will likely darken it also.
>Suggestions ?

The petrolium based ones will darken it. I'd use leatherique and nothing
else. Spot test it to be sure.

Anything is going to darken it a bit but in my experience leatherique
darkens it the least.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net