Alpha 156 2.4 JTD clutch biting point

Old July 6th 04, 05:43 PM
Nick

Default Alpha 156 2.4 JTD clutch biting point

Hi,
I bought a 156 2.4 JTD about a year ago & found the clutch very
sensitive.It is very difficult to make a smooth takeoff from
standstill & going from 1'st to 2'nd is not smooth either.
While under guarantee I complained & Alpha said it was the design ,
did something which seemed to make it smoother for a week or two but
it went back to the same as before ..it makes driving in town a real
pain.
Has anyone else experienced this & if so found a way to make things
smoother ?
Old July 6th 04, 06:17 PM
Tony Rickard

"Nick" wrote:

> While under guarantee I complained & Alpha said it was the design ,

You might discover this newsgroup's biting point if you call Alfas "Alphas"
!!

I've driven a JTD and found it to be a very easy car to drive smoothly. I
don't believe it is the nature of the car, but may be specific to yours.

Old July 6th 04, 08:11 PM
Spark

Hi Nick, is it a mulitjet model or a "normal" jtd? The multijet model does
have quite a shard clutch bite to it, much more so than the previous model

Old July 6th 04, 09:26 PM
be037446

Hi Nick,

I read your post with some interest. I normally speak Dutch (I'm from
Belgium) but if I understand you well, the car is a bit rough when
starting in 1ste and even going to 2nd.

Is it a 140 HP or 150 HP version ?
Anyway both versions suffer the same problem due to the
not-quit-so-accurate ECU programming and it also depends on your driving
style. In 1st and 2nd too much fuel is injected into the cylinders which
causes a rough acceleration.

If this is really the problem, then the owner of www.squadra-tuning.com
can resolve it for you. He did it for me anyway. Unfortunately for you,
all the JTD info is only available in Dutch. So, it's better to contact
him personally. You'll always get an answer from him.

Kind regards.

Old July 7th 04, 02:12 PM
Nick

Hi Tony,oops newbie ...ALPHA yes.

Unfortunately it is a clutch problem , whatever I do ,carefully let
the clutch out quickly or slowly riding the clutch the distance is
extremely short to completely engage the clutch & so very difficult to
avoid a jerky start.
Haven't had a chance to try someone else's for the moment...will have
to live with it I guess
Cheers

Old July 7th 04, 02:17 PM
Nick

Tony,
I believe its multijet ? Will check & let you know ,where would be the
best place to find this info ?
Cheers Nick

Old July 7th 04, 03:48 PM
Simon C

I think you'll find that it's a standard JTD model. Mine is the 150bhp
model, 18 months old and is standard.

The new 2.4 185bhp model is Mjet as is the new 1.9

Regards

Simon C
156 2.4JTD V1 (2002)
Looking for: Early 1750/2000 GTV
To reply: remove nospam. from the address

"Nick" > wrote in message
om...
> Tony,
> I believe its multijet ? Will check & let you know ,where would be the
> best place to find this info ?
> Cheers Nick

.uk>...