Conventional oil hard to find?

Old March 29th 21, 09:30 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Tekkie©

Default Conventional oil hard to find?

On Sun, 28 Mar 2021 20:38:15 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

> On 03/28/2021 01:44 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> > When I bought the Corolla I decided I was never going to fix another car
> > thing. At some point "I'm getting too old for this ****" becomes the
> > driving force.

> I was thinking that a few weekends ago when I swapped the studs for
> street tires. Then I realized I'd just covered my next gym day and could
> skip it.
>
> 1. 40 yard farmer's walk with 2 tires -- 4 reps
> 2. Breaker bar curls -- 40 reps
> 3. Squats -- 8 reps
> 4. Pushups -- 4 reps
> 5. various cardio maneuvers
> 6. Probably did some crunches or situps along the way
>

> That makes changing oil a piece of cake. 1 pushup to see if anything is
> dripping.

Sounds very tiring to me. I'm glad I am not a farmer (the world is better off),
the livestock would be dead, the fields fallow, machinery in disrepair,
windmill jammed, no water and the door on the privy would be falling off it's
hinges.

--
Tekkie
Old March 29th 21, 10:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed[_1_]

"mike" > wrote in message
> On 22-03-2021 23:20 mike > wrote:
> I called Kirkland (Warren Distribution is the blender in Omaha Nebraska).
> https://warrendistribution.com/contact/ (800)825-1235 x1 customer service,
> x1 again for customer service
> They called back but I missed it so I'm gonna have to try again.
>
> Meanwhile I spent about an hour on the line with Mobil.
>
> Mobil (https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/contact-us)
> (800)662-4525 x1 (non commercial) x1 (motor oil) The guy who answered
> wasn't good enough so he patched me thru
> to the second level technical support after he pointed me to the
> datasheets.
> http://exxonmobil.com/pds
> https://www.exxonmobil.com/en/pds#f:Location=[United%20States]
>
> But the guy didn't know how to answer my questions about motor oil
> selection
> so he transferred me to a second level who transferred me to a supervisor
> after a while (which was nice of them as each knew more than the prior).
>
> What I did while I was waiting was pullup a random Costco Mobil 1
> https://www.costco.com/mobil-super-s...100594938.html
>
> And pulled up the datasheet
> https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/...thetic-10w-30/
>
> The 2nd level just gave me more lookup engines for personal vehicles
> https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants
>
> For example you can put in your year make and model to find their oil
> https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/...ght-motor-oil/
>
> But it pretty much suggests all their oils (not surprisingly)
> https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/...8/896/1265/0/1
>
> If it says Super it's a blend, if it says Mobil 1 it's full.
> (Except the exception of Mobil Super Synthetic 10W-30).
>
> If it says "Extended Performance" it's high mileage (20K / 1 year).
> If it says "Advanced Fuel Economy" it's not for high mileage.
>
> Basically they only gave me mostly the marketing that was on the outside.
> High Mileage & super blends don't meet the dexos spec.
> He basically said the full synthetic is better than the blends.
> But he said there are no rules anywhere for what constitutes what.
>
> As an aside, he said synthetic oil finds leaks not causes them.
> He defended oil detergents as exposing leaks (by cleaning out gunk).
>
> When I asked about filters he said they don't make filters.
> He said all Mobile oil filters are rated at 1 year 20k miles.
> Mobil contracts out to Mann-Hummel who also makes Wix & Purolator filters.
> 1-919-926-4210 (temporary covid number for Mann-Hummel) x1 product
> information hotline (M-F 8am to 7:30pm, Sat 9am to 5:30pm)
> https://www.mann-hummel.com/en/
> https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/...8/896/1265/0/1
>
> Mann-Hummel didn't know the answers to the questions so they said they'd
> have a support person write to me over email (so I'm waiting for that).
> --
> BTW, he said Penzoil starts with natural gas for their synthetics.

Another dead giveaway, Arlen.

Old March 29th 21, 10:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Peeler[_3_]

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 08:36:50 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

<FLUSH the trolling senile cretin's latest troll**** unread>

--
Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID: >
Old March 30th 21, 03:25 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
rbowman

On 03/29/2021 11:55 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 3/29/2021 1:40 PM, mike wrote:
>> On 29-03-2021 22:28 Wade Garrett > wrote:
>>
>>> I can't imagine going into a nice restaurant and saying "here, please
>>> cook and serve me this nice sirloin steak

>> Some apply courking fees to cover their costs when you bring your parts.

> Waterfront Restaurant on Anna Maria Island advertises "You catch, we cook"

A diner catering to truckers in Utah has a sign 'You kill them, we grill
them.' I've wondered what they would do if you dragged in a fresh deer
carcass.
Old March 30th 21, 09:21 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Peeler[_3_]

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Mon, 29 Mar 2021 20:25:17 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> A diner catering to truckers in Utah has a sign 'You kill them, we grill
> them.' I've wondered what they would do if you dragged in a fresh deer
> carcass.

To me it always seems you got a sign on of your forehead saying, "Senile
Gossip", lowbrowwoman. <BG>