Cold weather - squeeky belt

Old January 23rd 07, 10:28 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Empty3

Default Cold weather - squeeky belt

Belt started squeaky perhaps due to cold weather (stops squeaking when engine is hot) here in Houston.
I applied belt dressing, and squeaking got worst!?!

Empty3
2000 Vette

Old January 23rd 07, 10:55 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
RicSeyler

Sometimes they can get glazed, and no amount of dressing will work for long.
Plus the dressing will make a mess under the hood. And the pulley can become
glazed with a glazed belt. If you decide to replace the belt, I'd hit
the pulley
with a green scotchbrite pad.

errr... I just saw your sig.... 2000 Vette? It's a ribbed serpentine,
right? Dunno
about bad glazing with a ribbed serpentine, and you couldn't get down in
the grooves
very well with the scotchbrite. Sooooooo guess I didn't help at all,
huh?!? HAHAHAHA

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove -SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old January 23rd 07, 11:06 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

>"Empty3" > wrote in message
. ..
>Belt started squeaky perhaps due to cold weather (stops squeaking when engine
>is hot) here in Houston.
>I applied belt dressing, and squeaking got worst!?!
>
>Empty3
>2000 Vette

Your belt is worn out and the belting is riding on the ridges of the pulley. A
new belt will cure it and the dressing is not even a stop gap anymore with the
serpentine belts. When you replace it look at the bottom of the groves and
you'll see the wear on the wire belt.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old January 23rd 07, 11:13 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Empty3

"Dad" > wrote in message
.. .
> >"Empty3" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>Belt started squeaky perhaps due to cold weather (stops squeaking when
>>engine
>>is hot) here in Houston.
>>I applied belt dressing, and squeaking got worst!?!
>>
>>Empty3
>>2000 Vette

> Your belt is worn out and the belting is riding on the ridges of the
> pulley. A new belt will cure it and the dressing is not even a stop gap
> anymore with the serpentine belts. When you replace it look at the bottom
> of the groves and you'll see the wear on the wire belt.
>
> --
> Dad
> 05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
> 72 Shark Black/Black/4spd

Thanks Ric & Dad, looks like I have to replace the belt.

Empty3
2000 Vette

Old January 23rd 07, 11:32 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Thundergod

Are you so freaking stupid that you have to ask what the problem is with
your belt..Just go out and buy a new belt..stop wasting our time reading all
these posts. BUY A BELT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old January 24th 07, 02:24 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

Since your wife won't let you play with the 'vette you have gotten
worse. Have your wife remove your access to the computer too.

Old January 24th 07, 03:20 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Empty3

"Thundergod" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> Are you so freaking stupid that you have to ask what the problem is with
> your belt..Just go out and buy a new belt..stop wasting our time reading
> all these posts. BUY A BELT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and if the engine rattles, just buy a new one right? Stop taking up space
and offer insights based on
Vette ownership experience and/or troubleshooting such as Dad, Ric, Charlie,
etc.

Empty3