97 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN SE 3.3L STALLS

Old July 29th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

Default 97 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN SE 3.3L STALLS

Hello,

I have a 97 dodge grand caravan se 3.3L 130K.
Last year I had the same problem that's happening now but worst.
The engine would suddenly stall and die wether I'm on the streets or
the freeway. It happened when I was at freeway speed with my family on
board. Scary.

I ran code check and even took to 2 mechanics already. The codes said
bad camshaft and cramshaft and they were replaced and nothing.

When it happened last year, they also changed the Oxigen Senson and
that seemed to fix the problem. Havent tried to change the O2 this time
yet because the computer is showing it as fault sensor.

I turn the engine on, normaly. Sometimes I put on reverse and normal
but when I put even a little bit pressure on the gas pedal, it stalls
and dies. Then It won't turn on for a couple minutes and after a few
tentatives.
Going forward seems normal but from nothing it suddenly stalls and
dies, wheter I'm running or not. I also noticed that sometimes when I
run into some bad streets with cracks and bumps, it also stalls and
dies..

I don't know what to do and don't want to dake it to a dealership
because they would charge my eye LoL.

Thank you

Old July 29th 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

Old July 30th 06, 03:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy

check your battery connections they might be loose

Old August 6th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

I am uncertain from your post if you have replaced both the camshaft
position sensor and crankshaft position sensor. This was the cure for
similar problems on my early 3.3 caravan, so worth a shot? Best of
luck - Timothy

Old August 7th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Jay Margolis

Hi Timothy: Yup both the cam and cranks sensors have been replaced. Also
new plugs, wires, EGR, and coil pack. Bucked so much last week it snapped an
axle shaft. Most of the time it starts off fine but within a mile or so it
starts to miss, buck and stall. The RPMs at idle vary from 400 to 1200, up
and down till it stalls, Usually starts back up, sometimes it takes several
tries. The last mechanic thinks it's haunted. LOL. I think all the problems
started soon after we had the AC compressor replaced, but there's been many
things done it's hard to remember. Now it's at a shop run by a former
Chrysler tech who retired after 25yrs experience. Hope he finds this
gremlin. Any other ideas are appreciated. Thanks JAY

Old September 13th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
juzme

I have a 1996 3.3 concode doing the same thing. I have tried a
different ecm, replaced the cam and crank sensor and removed the
caalytic converters and ran the engine. The shut off started as once
a week the sloweky escallated to now it starts and runs for about 5
minutes then just quits. I am going to examine the wiring harnwss
that runs across the intake manifild witht the wires that carry the
cam sensor signal. I have enciuntered other Neons suffering from
wire ment down I will respond again this weekend. If the wires are
melted and close to each other the warming of the engine could trigger
a short and shut off the engine spark signal

On 29 Jul 2006 14:38:42 -0700, wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a 97 dodge grand caravan se 3.3L 130K.
>Last year I had the same problem that's happening now but worst.
>The engine would suddenly stall and die wether I'm on the streets or
>the freeway. It happened when I was at freeway speed with my family on
>board. Scary.
>
>I ran code check and even took to 2 mechanics already. The codes said
>bad camshaft and cramshaft and they were replaced and nothing.
>
>When it happened last year, they also changed the Oxigen Senson and
>that seemed to fix the problem. Havent tried to change the O2 this time
>yet because the computer is showing it as fault sensor.
>
>I turn the engine on, normaly. Sometimes I put on reverse and normal
>but when I put even a little bit pressure on the gas pedal, it stalls
>and dies. Then It won't turn on for a couple minutes and after a few
>tentatives.
>Going forward seems normal but from nothing it suddenly stalls and
>dies, wheter I'm running or not. I also noticed that sometimes when I
>run into some bad streets with cracks and bumps, it also stalls and
>dies..
>
>I don't know what to do and don't want to dake it to a dealership
>because they would charge my eye LoL.
>
>Thank you

Mopar Oil Filter Number(s) do not spam Chrysler 3 January 7th 06 01:18 PM
2000 Dodge Caravan 3.3L Hard Start InfoShare Chrysler 1 December 27th 05 09:11 PM
1995 Dodge Caravan SE stalls AL Dodge 1 December 4th 05 03:16 AM
1990 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3l V6 Stalling/rough idle [email protected] Chrysler 30 August 6th 05 12:58 AM
Got to love that HEMI. Here is some info on it. In our Dodge and Jeep Scott S. Dodge 0 March 31st 05 10:36 AM