2000 INTREPID...clicks

Old November 25th 04, 04:19 PM
charles irby

turn the key on and off 3 times and you should have a cod come up take
the cod and go to auto zone and check it they can tell what it is

Old November 25th 04, 04:45 PM
Dan C

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:19:36 -0600, charles irby wrote:

> turn the key on and off 3 times and you should have a cod come up take the
> cod and go to auto zone and check it they can tell what it is

If a COD comes up, he's got more problems than we thought...

Linux Registered User #327951

Old November 25th 04, 04:45 PM
Dan C

Old November 25th 04, 07:59 PM
maxpower

turning the key on and off to retreive a code has nothing to do with an
engine that is locked up, the engine wont turn over at all, even if you try
to with a wrench, you need to dissassebly to see what is going on, i suggest
starting with the oil pan first

Old November 25th 04, 07:59 PM
maxpower

Old November 26th 04, 05:14 AM
charles irby

the car was acting up before it quit running so it should have a code
come up ??

Old November 26th 04, 05:14 AM
charles irby

Old November 26th 04, 05:34 PM
maxpower

i was just telling you what his e mail said to me, wife heard alot of noise
then quit. MOTOR LOCKED UP. there is no code for that

Old November 26th 04, 05:34 PM
maxpower

Old December 2nd 04, 01:45 AM
DanB

I had something like this happen with my 99 Intrepid. Ended up the starter
needed replacing. What threw me at first was the loud sound the car would
make sometimes after starting. Turns out the starter gears would not retract
after starting and spun the starter. Turn the car off and it would "click"
when trying to restart it. After trying several times, the solenoid would
engage and start the car. No froze engine, but the wife explained the noise
kinda like a loud click or grinding sound. Just a thought.

DanB

2000 Dodge Intrepid PCM Darrick Dodge 0 July 12th 04 02:20 PM
Intrepid AC Bill Dodge 6 July 3rd 04 02:14 AM