Samsung 915N ?

Old March 8th 05, 02:23 AM

Default Samsung 915N ?

Anyone using a Samsung 915N? Specs say 8ms response time. It only has
an analog connection. What's the advantage of DVI connection vs analog.
Why wouldn't Samsung go with DVI?

Old March 8th 05, 06:49 PM
Larry

Samsung has been cheesing out on the DVI lately.

Toms Hardware has a review on all the Monitors based on the Samsung 915N
panel (they all use the same Samsung supplied Panel) and the Hyundai DL90+
(or something like that) came out on top.

Two things that was in common with every one of the 8ms panels we

1. The viewing angle was quite narrow.
2. They ALL sucked at Video.

Gaming was apparantly fine though.

The Hyundai is cheap (arould $379, depending on what time of the day you
click on the link) at NewEgg and it has DVI (but does not come with the
Pivot Software).

-Larry

Old March 8th 05, 10:32 PM
Steve Smith

What Larry said. No DVI 'cuz it's designed to be "affordable" (i.e.,
cheap): $379 for a 19-incher pretty much fills the bill.

Old March 10th 05, 06:13 PM
Larry

What's odd is Hyundai, using the same panel, was able to provide DVI AND
Pivot (but not the pivot software) for less money.

I know the internal electronics have a bit to do with the cost but according
to TH Hyundai actually did a better job than Samsung

I'm hung up on the DVI and Pivot thing with the 915N. I have no idea why
about the Pivot, it just bugs me not to have a feature like that when others
provide it even if I don't plan on using it necessarily.

-Larry

Old March 11th 05, 09:00 PM
Jeff Haas

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 22:32:09 GMT, "Steve Smith"
> wrote:

>What Larry said. No DVI 'cuz it's designed to be "affordable" (i.e.,
>cheap): $379 for a 19-incher pretty much fills the bill.

How,s GPL look on it?
Old March 11th 05, 10:27 PM
Steve Smith

You mean the Hyundai L90D+ (don't forget the "+"), right? Good, I would
think. Check out the happy users:

http://secure.newegg.com/app/Custrat...tem=24-179-014

and the revu @ Tom's Hardwa

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/dis...15/lcd-01.html

Old March 12th 05, 01:15 AM
Larry

Man I just couldn't stand it any more. The L90D+ was down to $359. I had
to bite

If it turns out lousy, it'll be one HELL of a monitor for my Server anyway
LOL!

Now, what DO I do with an 80 pound 22" Mitsubishi

-Larry

ImageQuest L90D+ 19" LCD Monitor w/ Speakers, 8ms and DVI -RETAIL

Model# L90D+
Item # N82E16824179014

Specifications:
Panel Type: A-Si TFT Active Matrix
Native Resolution: SXGA (1280 x 1024)
Pixel Pitch: 0.294 mm
Brightness: 300 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio: 700:1
Response Time: 8ms
View Angle: 150° / 135° (Horizontal / Vertical)
Input Connectors: 15-pin D-sub, DVI-D, Audio in
Features: Built-in 2x 2w speakers & Headphone out; Adjustable Pivot &
Tilt/Height Stand
Dimensions & Weight: 16.3" x 17.1 x 7.9" (WxHxD), 12.3 lbs
Manufacturer's Warranty / Phone No.: 3-year warranty / 800-568-0060

This is the same panel as the Samsung 915N, but this monitor has DVI
and Tilt included.

Old March 12th 05, 03:52 AM
Steve Smith

Let us know how you like it, ok?

&

Old March 22nd 05, 02:11 AM
Steve Smith

Too cheap. Get the Hyundai L90D+ (don't forget the "+"). Same panel, DVI
connector, $379 @ newegg.com.

Old March 22nd 05, 06:40 PM
Larry

The price at NewEgg changes several times a week, day or minute depending on
traffic for a particular item.

I caught it on the $359 swing

-Larry

P.S. I wrote a comment on the NewEgg review forum for this monitor
concerning how odd the price-swings were. My comment never made it to print

.. .