What Could This Be? What Is The Solution

Old June 5th 04, 03:17 PM
George

Default What Could This Be? What Is The Solution

Have 2000 SL2. About two weeks ago, I started car, and it only idled
at about 200 RPM before conking out in about 5 seconds. Subsequent
putting foot on accelerator kept the engine running, but as soon as I
took foot off the gas pedaL, it stalled again. I was able to run the
car on the parkway and then put in can of dry gas. Car ran all right
until last night when it did the same thing again.

George
Old June 6th 04, 12:44 AM
marx404

First thing that comes to mind is is cleaning out the throttle body, pcv
valve and perhaps getting some gas additive from Saturn (BG brand) that will
clean all the leftover deposits from your engine. Does your Service Engine
light stay on after the car is running? If so, best to get the car diagnosed
by a mechanic.

marx404
www.saturnofstuart

Old June 10th 04, 02:28 AM
Steve

My money is on the throttle body needing cleaning.

Old June 10th 04, 04:23 AM
Dave

Check the coolant temp sensor for a crack.

It is mounted on the side of the engine pointing towards the battery, below
the upper radiator hose.
You will need to unplug the wire connection by squeezing two opposite sides
of the connector head.
A deep 13mm socket will fit the sensor.
You will lose about a pint of coolant when the sensor is removed.
AutoZone sells a cheap plastic sensor similar to the earliest Saturn design.
I prefer the new replacement Saturn sensor with a brass tip. It will last
much longer.

Dave