Article: Five Tips for Safer Driving

Old August 31st 06, 03:54 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,aus.cars,hfx.general
feral

Default Article: Five Tips for Safer Driving

wrote:

> Athol wrote:
>

>>Ahh, yes. One of the consequences of draconian enforcement is bad driving
>>within the letter of the law. Courtesy goes out the window...

<Left on purpose.>

> ????????????????????????????????????????????????
>
> What the heck?
> I've been accused of bad driving by certain members of this ng.

Which ng is that?

> I make it a point to stay within the law.

Ok so you're ferpect.

> I consider myself to be very coureous (except to speeders).

You bad.

> A number of the speed-groupers here keep harping that you shouldn't be
> courteous--such as to let people into traffic flow--because it slows
> things down.

Only if you're behind.

> Bad driving is bad driving.

What the heck?

> And bad drivers are routinely discourteous.

Rubish, a lot of bad drivers are not discourteous, they are
just bad drivers.

What the heck?

BTW where would you rate your comprehension skills, between 0
and 10? :-)

--
Take Care. ~~
Feral ( @..@)
Old August 31st 06, 06:28 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

On 30 Aug 2006 10:05:03 -0700, "Larry Bud" >
wrote:

>Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>> On 29 Aug 2006 09:59:07 -0700, wrote:
>>

>> You left our rule nuber 1:
>>
>> DRIVE SLOW

>REally? How slow?

If you don't know, you should turn in your license immediately.
Old August 31st 06, 06:29 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

On 30 Aug 2006 10:41:00 -0700, "morticide" > wrote:

>Larry Bud wrote:
>> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

>> > You left our rule nuber 1:
>> >
>> > DRIVE SLOW

>> REally? How slow?

>Loco SADDAM thinks the number on the speed limit signs should be
>reflecting km instead of miles. Either that or interpret the head of
>the bolt attaching the sign as a decimal point.

I see the NG insect is once again responding to his other aliases.
HAHAHA. It must really suck to be you.

Old August 31st 06, 07:04 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,aus.cars,hfx.general
Rainbow Warrior

"Athol" > wrote in message
> In aus.cars Ben Thomas > wrote:
>
>> Eye contact is impossible. Drivers in Melbourne make a point of
>> avoiding eye contact, particularly after they've moved into that escape
>> space you just left.

> Ahh, yes. One of the consequences of draconian enforcement is bad driving
> within the letter of the law. Courtesy goes out the window...

Draconian enforcement?

I see very little enforcement at all really. If they were more draconian
perhaps they'd catch all the idiots out there doing dumb stuff more often
and they would learn from their lessons.

Old August 31st 06, 10:59 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,aus.cars,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Spear and Magic Helmet

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> On 29 Aug 2006 09:59:07 -0700, wrote:
>
> You left our rule nuber 1:
>
> DRIVE SLOW

Hahahhahahahaha. Good one! Yeah drive slow in ALL conditions. Yeah
that'll do it hahahahahaha <slaps thigh>

Old August 31st 06, 01:17 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,aus.cars,hfx.general
Troy Jollimore

> I consider myself to be very coureous (except to speeders).

Why not? I speed routinely, and it's always safe. The 'speeders' that swing
through traffic without signals, missing other cars by inches are in a
category beyond 'speeders'.

> A number of the speed-groupers here keep harping that you shouldn't be
> courteous--such as to let people into traffic flow--because it slows
> things down.

Again, these are probably the assinine ones. Letting traffic merge usually
speeds up the whole flow, while it may slow the individual slightly. But
I've also seen very bad judgement in this, drivers letting one car in front
of them, while holding up an entire line of cars, blocking other traffic
themselves, behind them.

> Bad driving is bad driving. And bad drivers are routinely discourteous.

Like I just showed above. I've seen courteous bad drivers, but they lack the
proper judgement and timing to show it.

Old September 1st 06, 03:31 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,aus.cars,hfx.general
[email protected]

Nate Nagel wrote:

> Indeed. The point was that it is possible to be a bad driver and
> discourteous while conforming to the letter of the law. As you prove.

But I work to be a good driver, and courteous, and they are generally
synonymous.
As anyone can prove, by driving legally and courteously.

Old September 1st 06, 03:34 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,aus.cars,hfx.general
[email protected]

feral wrote:

> Rubish, a lot of bad drivers are not discourteous, they are
> just bad drivers.

OK, there are lots of ways to drive poorly. Discourteous driving is
only one.

> What the heck?
>
> BTW where would you rate your comprehension skills, between 0
> and 10? :-)

Which way does the scale go?
I comprehend quite well. I just think differently from some people
here. Thank goodness.

Old September 1st 06, 03:37 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,aus.cars,hfx.general
[email protected]

Nate Nagel wrote:

> Then you're not courteous, since the vast majority of people on any
> given freeway are exceeding the speed limit.

Which is generally rude.

> > A number of the speed-groupers here keep harping that you shouldn't be
> > courteous--such as to let people into traffic flow--because it slows
> > things down.

> That's not courteous. That's being an asshole.

What the???
When the lanes merge, and traffic is slow, I suppose you thinks it's a
nice thing to run the poor schmuck off the road???
Please be courteous and stay off the roads on which I drive.

Old September 1st 06, 03:53 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,aus.cars,hfx.general
Nate Nagel

wrote:
> Nate Nagel wrote:
>

>>Then you're not courteous, since the vast majority of people on any
>>given freeway are exceeding the speed limit.

> Which is generally rude.

To whom? nobody, if everyone is following (all of the other) rules.

>>>A number of the speed-groupers here keep harping that you shouldn't be
>>>courteous--such as to let people into traffic flow--because it slows
>>>things down.

>>That's not courteous. That's being an asshole.

> What the???
> When the lanes merge, and traffic is slow, I suppose you thinks it's a
> nice thing to run the poor schmuck off the road???
> Please be courteous and stay off the roads on which I drive.

When I have a choice between blocking out some idiot who can't be arsed
to align himself with a gap, and braking and slowing the long, long line
of cars behind me, the choice is clear. I'd far rather **** off ONE
moron than a whole mess of people driving correctly. (actually, ****ing
off morons really doesn't have a downside at all, unless they also
happen to be mentally unstable.) If that happens to be you, all I can
say is learn to ****ing drive.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.