Is there a newsgroup which would help me choosing which car to buy?

Old July 9th 04, 09:31 AM
Bob Regis

Default Is there a newsgroup which would help me choosing which car to buy?

As above, but wanting a UK based group.

Cheers.

Old July 9th 04, 10:33 AM
Tom Boltwood

> From: "Bob Regis" >
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 09:31:16 +0100
> Subject: Is there a newsgroup which would help me choosing which car to buy?
>
> As above, but wanting a UK based group.
>
> Cheers.

Well this is a UK based group.

Old July 9th 04, 11:02 AM
Steven Spits

"Tom Boltwood" wrote:

> Well this is a UK based group.

How can an alt group be based in a country? It's a global thing...

Steven

- - -

Old July 9th 04, 11:53 AM
Bob Regis

Tom Boltwood wrote:
>> From: "Bob Regis" >
>> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
>> Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 09:31:16 +0100
>> Subject: Is there a newsgroup which would help me choosing which car
>> to buy?
>>
>> As above, but wanting a UK based group.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

> Well this is a UK based group.

Have read some posts here before, and it appears to be international.
That is not the problem though, I want to find out what car would be best
for me on my budget (and not just the Alfa range) and so I want more general
advice first.

Thanks.

Old July 9th 04, 11:56 AM
Tom Boltwood

> From: "Steven Spits" >
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 12:02:22 +0200
> Subject: Is there a newsgroup which would help me choosing which carto
> buy?
>
> "Tom Boltwood" wrote:
>
>> Well this is a UK based group.

> How can an alt group be based in a country? It's a global thing...
>
> Steven

[pedant]
It was started by a guy from the UK (I believe) and is contributed to by
mostly Europeans and the majority of them are from the UK
[/pedant]

Which I think is what the OP was driving at. He wanted to know who
contributes to it on the whole.

Old July 9th 04, 02:22 PM
Ian Riches

Bob Regis ) wrote...
> As above, but wanting a UK based group.

You could try uk.rec.cars.misc

Also, some web research on places like www.parkers.co.uk might help
you.

Ian
--
Ian Riches
Bedford, UK
Old July 9th 04, 03:18 PM
Pete

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 16:54:39 +0200, "Antti" >, wrote:

>"Bob Regis" > wrote in message
>> As above, but wanting a UK based group.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

>try uk.rec.cars.misc
>
>antti

If you want to access UK car groups then go to
www.usenet.org.uk/newsgroups.html#uk.rec.cars.*
this will give you a list of all the car groups and descriptions

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)
147 2.0 TS (2002) - Gem Green (her's)
Old July 9th 04, 03:54 PM
Antti

"Bob Regis" > wrote in message
> As above, but wanting a UK based group.
>
> Cheers.

try uk.rec.cars.misc

antti

Old July 10th 04, 09:42 AM
Catman

Tom Boltwood wrote:

>> From: "Steven Spits" >
>> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
>> Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 12:02:22 +0200
>> Subject: Is there a newsgroup which would help me choosing which
>> carto buy?
>>
>> "Tom Boltwood" wrote:
>>
>>> Well this is a UK based group.

>> How can an alt group be based in a country? It's a global thing...
>>
>> Steven
>>

> [pedant]
> It was started by a guy from the UK (I believe)

It was

>and is contributed to by
> mostly Europeans and the majority of them are from the UK
> [/pedant]

Although I did set it up as a place where any Alfa enthusiast could come,
regardless of location.

> Which I think is what the OP was driving at. He wanted to know who
> contributes to it on the whole.

Well, to be fair, the uk.* groups deal specifically with the UK IYSWIM
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk