GTV Engine Trouble Help Needed

Old June 17th 04, 03:45 PM
Charles Green

Default GTV Engine Trouble Help Needed

Im hoping you can help, I own a Alfa GTV which has been causing me
some problems just of late. There is a ticking noise coming from the
engine, I have taken it to a garge in Nuneaton who told me it must
need a new cam-belt and tentioner which i had fixed. But after £400 it
still makes the same noise. Can anyone recommend a good machanic in
the Nuneaton/Coventry area. I have been told it needs new tapits, im
not sure how expensive this job is but could do with you help finding
someone to do it.

Many Thanks

Dave Oliver
Old June 17th 04, 07:00 PM
Tony Rickard

> > Does this sound to anyone like the Classic, "variator has gone and it
> > rattles like a diesel taxi" problem?
> > --

> It certainly does, but this is normally changed with the Cambelt. If not

it
> should have been.

I believe it is only changed if required. I specifically asked when I had
my GTV cambelt changed and was told it would be checked. However, this was
a belt change at a fairly low 42k miles due to age of belts.

Old June 20th 04, 12:03 AM
Davor Pasaric

Try to find answer on excelent GTV specific forum - www.gtvv6.com.