GTP Mod Install Problems

Old March 9th 05, 03:01 AM
BRH

Default GTP Mod Install Problems

After following the advice of many here, I still can't get this mod
installed.

I already have 2 separate installs of NR2003 on my system that work. To
play it safe, in order to install GTP, I decided to install a 3rd
instance of NR2003. Version 1.000(Out-of-box) loaded fine (although I
did not create a player profile at this point -- should I have?) --
meaning that I get the the opening Sierra video. I then applied Patch
1.201, and it now doesn't load at all -- I get immediately booted to the
desktop. I then tried applying the 1.201 Patch fix and I still get
booted to the desktop.

Can anyone figure out what's wrong? I haven't even reached the point of
trying to install the mod, and I'm getting booted to the desktop. My
other two NR2003 installs on the same PC work fine.

My system is AthlonXP2600; WinXP Pro (SP1); Radeon 9700 Pro; 1 Gig Ram.

Thanks!
Old March 9th 05, 03:07 AM
BRH

BRH wrote:
> After following the advice of many here, I still can't get this mod
> installed.
>
> I already have 2 separate installs of NR2003 on my system that work. To
> play it safe, in order to install GTP, I decided to install a 3rd
> instance of NR2003. Version 1.000(Out-of-box) loaded fine (although I
> did not create a player profile at this point -- should I have?) --
> meaning that I get the the opening Sierra video. I then applied Patch
> 1.201, and it now doesn't load at all -- I get immediately booted to the
> desktop. I then tried applying the 1.201 Patch fix and I still get
> booted to the desktop.
>
> Can anyone figure out what's wrong? I haven't even reached the point of
> trying to install the mod, and I'm getting booted to the desktop. My
> other two NR2003 installs on the same PC work fine.
>
> My system is AthlonXP2600; WinXP Pro (SP1); Radeon 9700 Pro; 1 Gig Ram.
>
> Any help with this would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

Correction. I DO get to the Sierra video, but when I click the mouse to
bypass it, I briefly (split-second) see the opening screen showing that
the version is 1.201, then I'm back at the desktop.

Should I have not gone directly to 1.201? Should I have installed the
1.102 patch first and then the 1.201 patch?

Old March 9th 05, 03:10 AM
Tiny Lund

I can offer the order that worked for me after repeated tries. 1. Install
NR2003 and subsequent patch from seirra update(1.201). 2. Install GTP in the
NR2003 directory where nascar2003.exe is. To this point you have not started
NR2003 nor have you performed the 3d config. Now find 3d config in your
Nr2003 directory and run it. After that is done open the GTP icon on the
desktop and create a player( this was my main problem. I created one in
NR2003 and crashed when I tried to run GTP) From here it should run fine.
Good Luck!

Old March 9th 05, 03:14 AM
Tiny Lund

Old March 9th 05, 03:15 AM
Tiny Lund

WOW! How likely is it to have so many instances of NR2003 to begin a line?
That was coincidence!

Old March 9th 05, 04:10 AM
BRH

Tiny Lund wrote:
> I can offer the order that worked for me after repeated tries. 1. Install
> NR2003 and subsequent patch from seirra update(1.201). 2. Install GTP in the
> NR2003 directory where nascar2003.exe is. To this point you have not started
> NR2003 nor have you performed the 3d config. Now find 3d config in your
> Nr2003 directory and run it. After that is done open the GTP icon on the
> desktop and create a player( this was my main problem. I created one in
> NR2003 and crashed when I tried to run GTP) From here it should run fine.
> Good Luck!
>

> <BRH> wrote in message ...
>
>>After following the advice of many here, I still can't get this mod
>>installed.
>>
>>I already have 2 separate installs of NR2003 on my system that work. To
>>play it safe, in order to install GTP, I decided to install a 3rd instance
>>of NR2003. Version 1.000(Out-of-box) loaded fine (although I did not
>>create a player profile at this point -- should I have?) --
>>meaning that I get the the opening Sierra video. I then applied Patch
>>1.201, and it now doesn't load at all -- I get immediately booted to the
>>desktop. I then tried applying the 1.201 Patch fix and I still get booted
>>to the desktop.
>>
>>Can anyone figure out what's wrong? I haven't even reached the point of
>>trying to install the mod, and I'm getting booted to the desktop. My
>>other two NR2003 installs on the same PC work fine.
>>
>>My system is AthlonXP2600; WinXP Pro (SP1); Radeon 9700 Pro; 1 Gig Ram.
>>
>>Any help with this would be appreciated.
>>
>>Thanks!

Thanks, Tiny. I don't know whether running 3DConfig first did the trick
or whether it was my correction my own stupidity. 8-)

After running 3DConfig per your instructions, I finally noticed the icon
for the mod that was created on the desktop. I was trying to run GTP by
using the desktop icon for the 3rd installation of NR2003 (not GTP's),
thinking that I would just need to switch to the GTP series on the main
screen of NR2003 (like the Trans-Am mod was structured). Doh!

So, if anyone else is having similar problems to me -- Look for the icon
for Redline GTP on your desktop! That's the one that you should be
launching.... LOL!

Thanks again!
Old March 9th 05, 06:29 AM
Bob V

<BRH> wrote in message ...
: Tiny Lund wrote:
: > I can offer the order that worked for me after repeated tries. 1.
Install
: > NR2003 and subsequent patch from seirra update(1.201). 2. Install GTP in
the
: > NR2003 directory where nascar2003.exe is. To this point you have not
started
: > NR2003 nor have you performed the 3d config. Now find 3d config in your
: > Nr2003 directory and run it. After that is done open the GTP icon on the
: > desktop and create a player( this was my main problem. I created one in
: > NR2003 and crashed when I tried to run GTP) From here it should run
fine.
: > Good Luck!
: >
: >
: >
: >
: > <BRH> wrote in message ...
: >
: >>After following the advice of many here, I still can't get this mod
: >>installed.
: >>
:
: After running 3DConfig per your instructions, I finally noticed the icon
: for the mod that was created on the desktop. I was trying to run GTP by
: using the desktop icon for the 3rd installation of NR2003 (not GTP's),
: thinking that I would just need to switch to the GTP series on the main
: screen of NR2003 (like the Trans-Am mod was structured). Doh!
:
: So, if anyone else is having similar problems to me -- Look for the icon
: for Redline GTP on your desktop! That's the one that you should be
: launching.... LOL!
:
: Thanks again!

You mean like it says to do in the readme file? <VBG>

Old March 10th 05, 12:38 AM
BRH

Bob V wrote:

> [...]
> : Thanks, Tiny. I don't know whether running 3DConfig first did the trick
> : or whether it was my correction my own stupidity. 8-)
> :
> : After running 3DConfig per your instructions, I finally noticed the icon
> : for the mod that was created on the desktop. I was trying to run GTP by
> : using the desktop icon for the 3rd installation of NR2003 (not GTP's),
> : thinking that I would just need to switch to the GTP series on the main
> : screen of NR2003 (like the Trans-Am mod was structured). Doh!
> :
> : So, if anyone else is having similar problems to me -- Look for the icon
> : for Redline GTP on your desktop! That's the one that you should be
> : launching.... LOL!
> :
> : Thanks again!
>
> You mean like it says to do in the readme file? <VBG>

Yup! 8)