Cars Kill More Cops Than Guns; Where's Ted Kennedy, Asks SAF

Old September 6th 05, 11:37 PM
TedKennedyMurderedHisPregnantMistress.dwpj65@spamg

Default Cars Kill More Cops Than Guns; Where's Ted Kennedy, Asks SAF

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=51518

Cars Kill More Cops Than Guns; Where's Ted Kennedy, Asks SAF

8/9/2005 6:26:00 PM

To: National Desk

Contact: Alan Gottlieb of the Second Amendment Foundation,
425-454-7012; Web: http://www.saf.org

BELLEVUE, Wash., Aug. 9 /U.S. Newswire/ -- A report from MSNBC Tuesday
that "more officers are being killed in traffic accidents" than by guns
leaves the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) wondering, "Where's Ted
Kennedy on this threat to the police?"

Senator Kennedy was point man during recent debate on gun legislation
in the Senate, arguing for more restrictions on firearms and so-called
"cop-killer bullets." That legislation, to protect gun makers from
frivolous junk lawsuits, passed despite the senator's hysteria-laden
rhetoric.

"As recently as 2003," said SAF Founder Alan Gottlieb, "more cops were
killed by cars than guns, according to the MSNBC report. Where's Ted
Kennedy and why isn't he demanding that auto makers be sued into
financial oblivion, the same way he wants America's gun industry to be
devastated?

"If anybody is an authority on lethal car crashes," Gottlieb said, "it
would be Ted Kennedy, whose carelessness in July 1969 cost the life of
Mary Jo Kopechne, a passenger in the car that Kennedy drove off of a
bridge on Chappaquiddick Island. She drowned, and Kennedy fled the
scene. It's no wonder why so many gun owners in this country have
bumper stickers affixed to their cars and trucks declaring 'Ted
Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun'."

For years, Ted Kennedy has been one of Capitol Hill's most shrill
voices on the gun control issue, Gottlieb noted. During the recent gun
legislation debate, Kennedy repeatedly called for bans on so-called
"cop killer bullets" even though not one police officer wearing body
armor has ever been killed by such a bullet. Kennedy harshly criticized
gun rights advocacy groups for opposing his legislation, calling such
opposition a "national disgrace."

"Ted Kennedy has proven himself to be somewhat an expert on the subject
of national disgraces, as his own personal conduct over the years would
attest," Gottlieb said. "He should be more careful throwing that term
around, rather like the rock-throwing man who lives in a glass house.

"If he wants to save police lives," Gottlieb concluded, "Sen. Kennedy
should forget about guns and bullets, and direct all of his attention
to vehicle safety, and punishing criminals who used their cars as
lethal weapons. The only thing Kennedy has to fear from gun owners is
their long memories about his past."

The Second Amendment Foundation -- http://www.saf.org -- is the
nation's oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing
and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and
heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The
Foundation has grown to more than 600,000 members and supporters and
conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the
consequences of gun control. SAF has previously funded successful
firearms-related suits against the cities of Los Angeles; New Haven,
CT; and San Francisco on behalf of American gun owners, a lawsuit
against the cities suing gun makers & an amicus brief & fund for the
Emerson case holding the Second Amendment as an individual right.

http://www.usnewswire.com/

Old September 8th 05, 09:29 AM
James H. Hood

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Your logic is accurate. Not only do people use cars more, cars add
> tremendous value to our quality of life by providing necessary
> transportation. Same can not be said for guns which are the cause of
> over 50% of all homicides.

They preserve life so you can enjoy it.....and yes, my guns do indeed add to
the quality of my life.

Old September 8th 05, 09:50 AM
Fred Tehbot

James H. Hood, >, whose name means "drinks
metho; has a torn ball sack; likes to call his penis his 'boss and his two
helpers'", pussyfooted:

> They preserve life so you can enjoy it.....and yes,
> my guns do indeed add to the quality of my life.

Life is like sex: if you aren't doing the screwing, you're getting screwed.

HEMI's HOT Luke Smith Driving 208 December 19th 04 05:27 PM
Fed up about cars ending up in yard because of driving too fast Mike Z. Helm Driving 71 December 8th 04 02:56 PM
Vintage Cars Get Hot with Makeovers Grover C. McCoury III Ford Mustang 2 December 5th 04 04:13 AM
European Cars Least Reliable Richard Schulman VW water cooled 3 November 11th 04 09:41 AM
FS: 1991 "Classic Cars" (Of The World) Cards with Box J.R. Sinclair General 0 May 27th 04 07:31 AM