OT Maybe it's not just you guys after all

Old July 27th 05, 01:24 AM
Shag

Default OT Maybe it's not just you guys after all

I seem to be getting a lot of friction on an online motorycle forum
for posting my personal opinions on the topic of "people who are not
handicapped parking in handicapped spots." I seemed to get a lot of
negative feedback for my posts to the Jeep newsgroup a while back,
too, and also to the dirtbike newsgroup when I posted there. And on
this group. And on email aliases at work. Damn. I knew I shouldn't
have just torn up the mail I got yesterday that had "SOCIAL CONTRACT"
in big letters on it. Nah... it's probably just y'all. And them.

Old July 27th 05, 01:57 AM
Tim Rogers

"Shag" > wrote in message

> Nah... it's probably just y'all. And them.

..............At least when we rip into you, you know that it's the anger
that families reserve for a very annoying but yet somewhat entertaining
family member who's always barking at the mailman and drinking out of the
toilet and then licking himself in front of aunt Clara.

timmy

Old July 27th 05, 02:03 AM
johnboy

"Shag" > wrote in message
>I seem to be getting a lot of friction on an online motorycle forum
> for posting my personal opinions on the topic of "people who are not
> handicapped parking in handicapped spots."

F*k em, Shag. Just F*k em.

Old July 27th 05, 02:17 AM
johnboy

"Shag" > wrote

>I seem to be getting a lot of friction on an online motorycle forum
>for posting my personal opinions on the topic of "people who are not
>handicapped parking in handicapped spots."

Oh, waz zat u? The one who said his mother in law plowed a Harley out of a
handicapped spot? If it was, you took on the wrong crowd. There's some real
vets who responded. IRL you would have had your ass kicked by an old man.

IF that was you who wrote that.

Old July 27th 05, 02:35 AM
Bryan

"Tim Rogers" > wrote in message
> "Shag" > wrote in message
>>
>> Nah... it's probably just y'all. And them.
>>

> .............At least when we rip into you, you know that it's the anger
> that families reserve for a very annoying but yet somewhat entertaining
> family member who's always barking at the mailman and drinking out of the
> toilet and then licking himself in front of aunt Clara.
>

> timmy

Now I know why I read this newsgroup, aside from the VW addiction.
Classic USENET.

Bryan

Old July 27th 05, 04:40 AM
John Willis

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 00:24:41 GMT, Shag >
scribbled this interesting note:

>I seem to be getting a lot of friction on an online motorycle forum
>for posting my personal opinions on the topic of "people who are not
>handicapped parking in handicapped spots."

Sounds like they might have been handicapped after all!:~)

>I seemed to get a lot of
>negative feedback for my posts to the Jeep newsgroup a while back,
>too, and also to the dirtbike newsgroup when I posted there. And on
>this group. And on email aliases at work. Damn. I knew I shouldn't
>have just torn up the mail I got yesterday that had "SOCIAL CONTRACT"
>in big letters on it. Nah... it's probably just y'all. And them.

As for the rest, just remember, according to common wisdom, everyone
is entitled to his or her opinion, but I've never believed that. I
think everyone is entitled to his or her Informed Opinion!:~)

--
John Willis

(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)
Old July 27th 05, 06:26 AM
Jan

Shag wrote:
> I seem to be getting a lot of friction on an online motorycle forum
> for posting my personal opinions on the topic of "people who are not
> handicapped parking in handicapped spots." I seemed to get a lot of
> negative feedback for my posts to the Jeep newsgroup a while back,
> too, and also to the dirtbike newsgroup when I posted there. And on
> this group. And on email aliases at work. Damn. I knew I shouldn't
> have just torn up the mail I got yesterday that had "SOCIAL CONTRACT"
> in big letters on it. Nah... it's probably just y'all. And them.

They are all after your precious bodily fluids.

jan
Old July 27th 05, 10:34 PM
Shag

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:17:21 -0500, "johnboy" >
wrote:

>"Shag" > wrote
>
>>I seem to be getting a lot of friction on an online motorycle forum
>>for posting my personal opinions on the topic of "people who are not
>>handicapped parking in handicapped spots."

>Oh, waz zat u? The one who said his mother in law plowed a Harley out of a
>handicapped spot? If it was, you took on the wrong crowd. There's some real
>vets who responded. IRL you would have had your ass kicked by an old man.
>
>IF that was you who wrote that.

No, that wasn't me. :-)

Old July 27th 05, 10:56 PM
Seth Graham

On 2005-07-27, Shag > wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:17:21 -0500, "johnboy" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Shag" > wrote
>>
>>>I seem to be getting a lot of friction on an online motorycle forum
>>>for posting my personal opinions on the topic of "people who are not
>>>handicapped parking in handicapped spots."

>>Oh, waz zat u? The one who said his mother in law plowed a Harley out of a
>>handicapped spot? If it was, you took on the wrong crowd. There's some real
>>vets who responded. IRL you would have had your ass kicked by an old man.
>>
>>IF that was you who wrote that.
>>

> No, that wasn't me. :-)

But admit it, you'd be standing there laughing your ass off if you
saw it happening.

Old July 27th 05, 11:49 PM
P.J. Berg

Seth Graham wrote:
> On 2005-07-27, Shag > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:17:21 -0500, "johnboy" >
>>wrote:
>>

>>>"Shag" > wrote

>>>Oh, waz zat u? The one who said his mother in law plowed a Harley out of a
>>>handicapped spot? If it was, you took on the wrong crowd. There's some real
>>>vets who responded. IRL you would have had your ass kicked by an old man.
>>>
>>>IF that was you who wrote that.
>>>

>>No, that wasn't me. :-)

> But admit it, you'd be standing there laughing your ass off if you
> saw it happening.

Not if it was a genuine Vet's bike..

J.