Tire bubble question

Old May 3rd 05, 11:27 PM
Nick

Default Tire bubble question

Hi all,

Ok I've noticed a bubble forming on one of my front tires
which is about the size of a quarter. I have about 13k miles on the
tires (Kumho Ecsta 712). So I called TireRack and they said to have it
looked at by Sears of NTB. They said they usually would look at it for
free to see if it is a defect in the tire. I'm trying to see if it is
worth my time to have it inspected. Has anyone had much luck in the
stores actually telling you that the tire has a defect, or have they
always said it was a road hazard that caused the bubble to form to try
selling you a new tire and not actually looking at the inner wall?

Thanks in advance,
Nick
Old May 4th 05, 12:33 AM
halo2 guy

Well if there is an air filled bubble and no obvious signs of damage then it
is a defective tire under whatever warranty is on that tire.

I have never heard of that brand of tires so I suspect it is a cheap one.

Either way I would not be driving on it.

Old May 4th 05, 02:11 AM
John Horner

<Nick> wrote in message ...
> Hi all,
>
> Ok I've noticed a bubble forming on one of my front tires
> which is about the size of a quarter. I have about 13k miles on the
> tires (Kumho Ecsta 712). So I called TireRack and they said to have it
> looked at by Sears of NTB. They said they usually would look at it for
> free to see if it is a defect in the tire. I'm trying to see if it is
> worth my time to have it inspected. Has anyone had much luck in the
> stores actually telling you that the tire has a defect, or have they
> always said it was a road hazard that caused the bubble to form to try
> selling you a new tire and not actually looking at the inner wall?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Nick

Get it checked out. It sounds like one of the common forms of defects or
the result of damage.

John