stock ride height

Old December 4th 04, 12:53 PM
Damjan Mozetič

Default stock ride height

I was wondering what was the front stock ride height on a '72 std
beetle. Mine has 4 inches between the front fender border and tire...
too much for a stock?

Thanks,

Damjan
Old December 4th 04, 05:40 PM
jjs

"Damjan Mozetic" > wrote in message
>I was wondering what was the front stock ride height on a '72 std beetle.
>Mine has 4 inches between the front fender border and tire... too much for
>a stock?

Lucky you! I just measured my pristine '72 Standard and it is exactly 4".
I've gone through the front end and it's 100% good now, so you seem to be
good to go. Yes, it looks a little high compared to some Bugs, but they may
have sagging torsion bars.

Old December 4th 04, 05:46 PM
Wolfgang

Would also depend on size (aspect ratio 70/75/80) ?) of tire. Do you have
an adjustable beam? If not I know of no way to raise it so its probably
right.

Old December 4th 04, 11:05 PM
Busdriver

I have a '70 Panel Bus, and compared to every other bus mine rides quite a
bit higher. I do have bigger tires on it (BFGoodrich All-Terrain Baja
Champion 27X8.5 14R). This high clearance is great for driving on bad
dirt roads in BAJA or the mountains. Just wondering what can the
difference be, tires yes but not that much, about 16" behind front wheel
measured to the bottom of the cargobay and 16.5" infornt of the rear
wheel. Other buses I measured were about 12"
The bus handles awesome in curves and on bumpy roads.
Thanks

Stock GSA - bead separation Dave Jeep 6 January 4th 05 05:12 PM
Jeep Grand Cherokee - Rough Ride Josh 4x4 4 August 26th 04 07:26 AM
Max Tire size for Stock 1987 fullsize chevy pickup Wit 4x4 7 August 19th 04 06:39 PM
Racing Fan "U." & Stock Car "U." gear available ThePowerofUcom Antique cars 0 January 27th 04 01:40 AM