And yet more bad cell phone news

Old July 12th 05, 10:30 PM
Me

That's a great idea!

One of my cell phone stories: I was driving back to work one afternoon on a
two lane highway, 55 MPH Speed limit. Following a white 1/2 ton Chevy
pickup. The guy was going about 45,drifting around the lane quite a bit
(Thought he might have been drinking.) The road curved to the left and the
guy was drifting toward the center line. Coming the other way was a guy
driving a white 2 1/2 ton Chevy truck, also drifting toward the center line.
It really looked like they were going to meet, head on, at the apex of the
curve. They both had about half of their vehicles across the center line
when they simultaneously woke up and jerked their steering wheels to the
right, missing each other by scant inches. By this time, I had pulled over
and was almost stopped. As the guy driving the big truck passed me going the
other way, I saw that he had a cell phone in his ear. I speeded up and
caught the Chevy truck ahead of me, and, you guessed it, he also had a cell
plastered in his ear. (Cell phone stupidity is not restricted to one
particular gender)

"Sarah Czepiel" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:48:53 -0700, "Me" > wrote:
>
> Every time I am confronted with a "rude and intrusive use of a cell
> phone " I take a great interest in their conversation. Last year a
> woman in a doctors office proceeded to make all her business and
> personal calls while waiting for her appointment. Of course she was
> sitting next to me. I turned and started to nod and smile and look
> genuinely interested in her conversation...which was the last one she
> made in the office before she went outside to finish the remaining
> calls. It unnerves them. If they insist on sharing the
> conversations with the rest of us we can participate too.
>

> >You would sure think that there would be no difference between talking to

> >passenger and a cell, but apparently, there is. I have seen so many

drivers
> >do stupid things while on cell phones that I thought about investing in a
> >jammer. At least I could enjoy a meal in a restaurant without being

having
> >to listen to, first the f**king phone ring, then 1/2 of the conversation.
> >The only thing that keeps me from buying one, (besides the fact that they
> >are very illegal) is the thought of cutting off someone's call, and

having
> >them hit someone (me) while fiddling with their phone.
> >People who can not drive and use a cell phone should be allowed to do
> >either.
> >

> >"razz" > wrote in message
> >> What's the difference between talking to a passenger or a hands free

cell.
> >> They going ban passengers too!

cell

Insurance

with

those

that

Old July 12th 05, 11:37 PM
Spike

They were probably talking to each other.... LOL Had they survived an
accident, and found their cell phones, they probably would have ended
up using speed dial to cal their insurance companies, only to find
they had each others' phones which had continued flying through the
air and ended up in the opposite vehicle.

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:30:55 -0700, "Me" > wrote:

>That's a great idea!
>
>One of my cell phone stories: I was driving back to work one afternoon on a
>two lane highway, 55 MPH Speed limit. Following a white 1/2 ton Chevy
>pickup. The guy was going about 45,drifting around the lane quite a bit
>(Thought he might have been drinking.) The road curved to the left and the
>guy was drifting toward the center line. Coming the other way was a guy
>driving a white 2 1/2 ton Chevy truck, also drifting toward the center line.
>It really looked like they were going to meet, head on, at the apex of the
>curve. They both had about half of their vehicles across the center line
>when they simultaneously woke up and jerked their steering wheels to the
>right, missing each other by scant inches. By this time, I had pulled over
>and was almost stopped. As the guy driving the big truck passed me going the
>other way, I saw that he had a cell phone in his ear. I speeded up and
>caught the Chevy truck ahead of me, and, you guessed it, he also had a cell
>plastered in his ear. (Cell phone stupidity is not restricted to one
>particular gender)

Spike
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country,
I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it."
-JFK Inaugural Address
Old July 12th 05, 11:38 PM
Spike

That's because before cell phones there was no roaming, and the morons
didn't know they could leave home. : )

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:08:53 -0400, RichA > wrote:

>On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:45:41 -0500, "razz" >
>wrote:
>
>>What's the difference between talking to a passenger or a hands free cell.
>>They going ban passengers too!

>Before cell phones, I rarely ran into MORONS driving at 40mph
>on the highway. Now it's all the time.

. ..

Old July 12th 05, 11:40 PM
Spike

Oh, LOOK! A mushroom shaped cloud!!!!! LOL

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:15:46 GMT, "jim.gm4dhj"

Old July 12th 05, 11:45 PM
Spike

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:34:01 GMT, "SVTKate"
> wrote:

>Hubby says:
>"This test is not relevant here in the US BECAUSE
>these people live in Australia, therefore they already drive on the wrong
>side of the road, and are already distracted"
>
>End quote
>
>Kate
>
>hee hee hee... snikker... giggle.... wait.. I need to call my brother on his
>cell phone and tell him....
>let me dig in my purse and get the number, oh DAMN, hot coffee on my lap...
>****, I smeared my lipstick, OUCH! Damn! I broke a nail when I tried
>shifting with the cell phone in my hand, would you hand me my nail file?
>thanks

because south of the Equator all the blood rushes to their heads which
causes them to do everything ass backwards.

WOW!!!! I bet the lawyers are lining up now to file suits on your
behalf.... after all, it the corporations who produced the bad designs
which led to your cell using, coffee holding, car shifting, nail
breaking which of course leads to emotional trauma.... You just might
get that brick driveway yet... : )

Old July 13th 05, 02:57 AM
Mr.~G.

This is what happens when you mix cell phones and driving.

The car was showroom. I was stopped with my left flashers on waiting to make
a turn. Weather & visibility clear. Road conditions - dry. Road was flat
and straight. Impact - 55 mph from the rear. Reason? Young lady on
cellphone. What the hell was so important that it couldn't wait.

It's a horror story. Don't look if you're squeamish.

http://home.earthlink.net/~miguelmg/

navigate using back button on browser

MG

Old July 13th 05, 05:08 AM
Sarah Czepiel

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:30:55 -0700, "Me" > wrote:

>That's a great idea!
>
>One of my cell phone stories: I was driving back to work one afternoon on a
>two lane highway, 55 MPH Speed limit. Following a white 1/2 ton Chevy
>pickup. The guy was going about 45,drifting around the lane quite a bit
>(Thought he might have been drinking.) The road curved to the left and the
>guy was drifting toward the center line. Coming the other way was a guy
>driving a white 2 1/2 ton Chevy truck, also drifting toward the center line.
>It really looked like they were going to meet, head on, at the apex of the
>curve. They both had about half of their vehicles across the center line
>when they simultaneously woke up and jerked their steering wheels to the
>right, missing each other by scant inches. By this time, I had pulled over
>and was almost stopped. As the guy driving the big truck passed me going the
>other way, I saw that he had a cell phone in his ear. I speeded up and
>caught the Chevy truck ahead of me, and, you guessed it, he also had a cell
>plastered in his ear. (Cell phone stupidity is not restricted to one
>particular gender)

Great although scary story. No stupidity using cell phones
isn't limited to one gender. I've seen both men and women do some
pretty stupid things. Funny thing though now that I think about it, I
rarely see young males driving and using a cell phone. Teen age girls
yeah but not the guys, At least in my neck of the woods.

.. .

Old July 13th 05, 08:17 PM
RichA

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:57:15 -0400, "Mr.~G." >
wrote:

>This is what happens when you mix cell phones and driving.
>
>The car was showroom. I was stopped with my left flashers on waiting to make
>a turn. Weather & visibility clear. Road conditions - dry. Road was flat
>and straight. Impact - 55 mph from the rear. Reason? Young lady on
>cellphone. What the hell was so important that it couldn't wait.

Without being on a cellphone, constantly, young women will die.
You even see the dopes leaving the theater so they can go talk
on their cell phones. I think they should have them surgically
implanted in their skulls.
-Rich
>It's a horror story. Don't look if you're squeamish.
>
>http://home.earthlink.net/~miguelmg/
>
>navigate using back button on browser
>
>MG

.. .

Old July 18th 05, 09:21 PM
lab~rat

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:45:41 -0500, "razz" >
puked:

>What's the difference between talking to a passenger or a hands free cell.
>They going ban passengers too!

For one, a passenger is there and can see a road obstacle ahead and
let the driver do his thing before continuing the conversation. In
addition, you don't have to diddle with a device in order to talk with
a passenger.
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?