Remote key fob - replacement

Old February 11th 05, 08:35 PM
David

It is a Chrysler in Canada as well.
.. .

Old February 11th 05, 09:49 PM
TNKEV

"Steve Firth" > wrote in message
.. .
> sandiyan > wrote:
>
> > I tried ringing London Chrysler dealer and they said they've stopped
> > selling the remote key fob on its own(for this car) and I have to buy
> > a whole new unit - control unit + remote fob. This will cost around
> > £150 + VAT and fitting. Total cost could be around £400.00. Chrysler
> > is ripping people off!!!

> Chrysler rip people off when they sell them the hunk of junk that is the
> Neon, or indeed the Voyager or Jeep. Then they rip them off again for
> servicing and now they rip them off for spares. Are you at all
> surprised?

I'm not surprised to see somebody bashing Chrysler in a Chrysler newsgroup.
Neon is not junk.
Voyager is not junk
and Jeep is not junk
ALL vehicle manufacturers make vehicles that have problems and Chrysler is
not immune to that.
do you have examples of why you think these vehicles are junk????

Old February 11th 05, 10:20 PM
SteveH

TNKEV > wrote:

> "Steve Firth" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > sandiyan > wrote:
> >
> > > I tried ringing London Chrysler dealer and they said they've stopped
> > > selling the remote key fob on its own(for this car) and I have to buy
> > > a whole new unit - control unit + remote fob. This will cost around
> > > £150 + VAT and fitting. Total cost could be around £400.00. Chrysler
> > > is ripping people off!!!

> > Chrysler rip people off when they sell them the hunk of junk that is the
> > Neon, or indeed the Voyager or Jeep. Then they rip them off again for
> > servicing and now they rip them off for spares. Are you at all
> > surprised?

> I'm not surprised to see somebody bashing Chrysler in a Chrysler newsgroup.
> Neon is not junk.
> Voyager is not junk
> and Jeep is not junk
> ALL vehicle manufacturers make vehicles that have problems and Chrysler is
> not immune to that.
> do you have examples of why you think these vehicles are junk????

I'm going to assume at this point that you're a Yank and don't know any
better.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - VW Passat 1.8T 20V SE - COSOC KOTL
Old February 11th 05, 10:21 PM
Joe Pfeiffer

"Gordon Hudson" > writes:

> "Joe Pfeiffer" > wrote in message

> >> Is it not known as the "Dodge" neon in the US?

> > In 1996, it was sold as either a Plymouth or a Dodge. But what has
> > that got to do with buying a replacement fob?

> It might affect what you ask for.
> I know that I mentione dthe Chrysler Neon to a friend in the US and after
> much thought
> he said "oh yeah you mean the Dodge".

If you walk in with a part number, that shouldn't be a problem.
Besides, the OP is in the UK.
Old February 11th 05, 10:22 PM
Adrian

TNKEV ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

> I'm not surprised to see somebody bashing Chrysler in a Chrysler
> newsgroup.

We're not. We're bashing them in uk.rec.cars.misc

> do you have examples of why you think these vehicles are junk????

Yes. They're crap. With the exception of the old Cherokee and the Grand
Cherokee, which were/are bought by idiots only, they've managed to sell a
grand total of about three cars in this whole country. All of those are now
worth nothing.

Oh, and the Prime Minister bought a Voyager.
Which tells all you need to know.
Old February 11th 05, 10:38 PM
TNKEV

"SteveH" > wrote in message
> TNKEV > wrote:
>
> > "Steve Firth" > wrote in message
> > .. .

buy

> > > Chrysler rip people off when they sell them the hunk of junk that is

the
> > > Neon, or indeed the Voyager or Jeep. Then they rip them off again for
> > > servicing and now they rip them off for spares. Are you at all
> > > surprised?

> > I'm not surprised to see somebody bashing Chrysler in a Chrysler

newsgroup.
> > Neon is not junk.
> > Voyager is not junk
> > and Jeep is not junk
> > ALL vehicle manufacturers make vehicles that have problems and Chrysler

is
> > not immune to that.
> > do you have examples of why you think these vehicles are junk????

> I'm going to assume at this point that you're a Yank and don't know any
> better.

I dont know what you would call a Yank I assume an American,in america I
would be considered a southerner or a redneck I'am from Tennessee.
and I do know better,I work at a dealership and I know of all of the
problems a Neon had and I still cannot say that every one of them was junk,
and also cannot call chrysler junk because I have seen first hand having
worked for Ford,Suzuki and Chrysler that the latter makes more reliable and
longer lasting vehicles!

Old February 11th 05, 10:49 PM
TNKEV

"Adrian" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> TNKEV ) gurgled happily, sounding much
> like they were saying :
>
> > I'm not surprised to see somebody bashing Chrysler in a Chrysler
> > newsgroup.

> We're not. We're bashing them in uk.rec.cars.misc

if you will look at the headers this post is cross posted to
rec.automakers.chrysler so yes you are bashing chrysler in a chrysler group
thank you!

> > do you have examples of why you think these vehicles are junk????

> Yes. They're crap. With the exception of the old Cherokee and the Grand
> Cherokee, which were/are bought by idiots only, they've managed to sell a
> grand total of about three cars in this whole country. All of those are

now
> worth nothing.

hmmmm,buying an american car in the UK, you are probably right they maybe
idiots I don't know them so I can't make that assumption.

> Oh, and the Prime Minister bought a Voyager.
> Which tells all you need to know.

I know absolutly nothing of your Prime Minister so no this tells me nothing.
Voyagers are still going strong over here just changed the oil in one
with 186,000 miles on it no problems,but there again they maintain thier
vehicle,maybe thats the problem over there not performing general
maintenance.

Old February 11th 05, 11:04 PM
TNKEV

"Adrian" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> TNKEV ) gurgled happily, sounding much
> like they were saying :
>
> >> Oh, and the Prime Minister bought a Voyager.
> >> Which tells all you need to know.

> > I know absolutly nothing of your Prime Minister so no this tells me
> > nothing.

> Yep, you're a 'merkin. I'll forgive you, as he's probably never made the
> news in your state. It's OK. I'll type slowly, just for you.

LOL what is a 'merkin??

Old February 11th 05, 11:04 PM
Adrian

TNKEV ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

>> Oh, and the Prime Minister bought a Voyager.
>> Which tells all you need to know.

> I know absolutly nothing of your Prime Minister so no this tells me
> nothing.

Yep, you're a 'merkin. I'll forgive you, as he's probably never made the
news in your state. It's OK. I'll type slowly, just for you.

> Voyagers are still going strong over here just changed the oil in one
> with 186,000 miles on it no problems,but there again they maintain
> thier vehicle,maybe thats the problem over there not performing
> general maintenance.

There's the small matter of the abysmal occupant safety in EuroNCAP crash-
testing. Worst vehicle they'd ever tested, IIRC.
Old February 11th 05, 11:14 PM
Adrian

TNKEV ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

>> Yep, you're a 'merkin. I'll forgive you, as he's probably never made the
>> news in your state. It's OK. I'll type slowly, just for you.

> LOL what is a 'merkin??

Say it out loud... It's somebody from 'merka