GT VS. COBRA

Old November 25th 04, 01:02 AM
cobra boy

Default GT VS. COBRA

I'm looking to get another convertible mustang. My biggest problem is could
I be happy with a Gt after owning a Cobra. I test drove a "03 Gt and was
suprised when I stepped on the gas but not in a good way, it was rather
dissappointing. I think I'm stuck in a Cobra lol. Now the GT has it's good
points, regular gas, good looks, better gas mileage, I can afford a newer
one, I don't really have to go that fast, and I just want to cruise with the
top down and have some fun, but a Cobra is a Cobra and I loved mine, nuff
said. I think I'll just sit here and go crazy thinking about it.
excobra boy 97 convert deceased

Old November 25th 04, 01:32 AM

A buddy of mine just bought a 2001 SVT Cobra... black ragtop, black
exterior, but I don't know the interior paint (maybe triple black Cobra??).
It's pretty quick. He installed some stainless steel Flowmaster 40 series
mufflers.. sounds HOT. I can keep up with him until about middle of my 3rd
gear... then he starts really leaving me . It's a beautiful car... and I
can see where you wouldn't wanna go back to a N/A GT after owning a Cobra
(even though it was N/A)--b/c right.. a Cobra is a Cobra... nuff said .
Good luck w/ the decision........ get a cobra... get a cobra... get a
cobra... ok my subliminal messages suck.. but get a cobra. :x.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

Old November 25th 04, 01:38 AM
Grumbler

"cobra boy" > wrote:
> I'm looking to get another convertible mustang. My biggest problem is
> could
> I be happy with a Gt after owning a Cobra. I test drove a "03 Gt and was
> suprised when I stepped on the gas but not in a good way, it was rather
> dissappointing. <...>

FWIW, my niece's BF owns '03 Mach 1 w/ stick, and
that's one bad MF there, but only available as a coupe.

-=G

Old November 25th 04, 02:40 AM
SVTKate

Do I REALLY have to say it?
You know...

--
Kate
98 Cobra Drop Top

Old November 25th 04, 09:10 AM
Jim Warman

Let's pretend you are buying a pair of shoes...... You walk past us wearing
the first pair and do a little pirouette.... maybe even a bit of a ho-down.
A couple of minutes later, you parade out in a different pair of shoes and
repeat the process......

Afterwards, you come back (in your old, smelly sneakers) and ask us which
shoes felt good........ The only reason a Big Mac tastes good is because
somebody told you it tastes good. Sorry, chum.... you're going to have to
make a decision. Ain't nobody else going to give it to you the way you can
give it to yourself..... of course, you are waiting for the "get the Cobra"
answers so you can divorce yourself from all blame....

Old November 25th 04, 01:07 PM
John

"cobra boy" > wrote in message
> I'm looking to get another convertible mustang. My biggest problem is
> could
> I be happy with a Gt after owning a Cobra. I test drove a "03 Gt and was
> suprised when I stepped on the gas but not in a good way, it was rather
> dissappointing. I think I'm stuck in a Cobra lol. Now the GT has it's good
> points, regular gas, good looks, better gas mileage, I can afford a newer
> one, I don't really have to go that fast, and I just want to cruise with
> the
> top down and have some fun, but a Cobra is a Cobra and I loved mine, nuff
> said. I think I'll just sit here and go crazy thinking about it.
> excobra boy 97 convert deceased

Fast forward to six months after you get "it". If you get a GT and you have
some problem, you'll blame yourself. If you get a Cobra and you have some
problem, you'll blame Ford. Get the Cobra!

--
John
ThunderSnake #59

Old November 25th 04, 06:58 PM
Rein

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:02:26 GMT, "cobra boy" >
wrote:

>I'm looking to get another convertible mustang. My biggest problem is could
>I be happy with a Gt after owning a Cobra. I test drove a "03 Gt and was
>suprised when I stepped on the gas but not in a good way, it was rather
>dissappointing. I think I'm stuck in a Cobra lol. Now the GT has it's good
>points, regular gas, good looks, better gas mileage, I can afford a newer
>one, I don't really have to go that fast, and I just want to cruise with the
>top down and have some fun, but a Cobra is a Cobra and I loved mine, nuff
>said. I think I'll just sit here and go crazy thinking about it.
> excobra boy 97 convert deceased

If you had ever driven an 03/04 cobra you wouldn't even ask this
question.
I still get people commenting on my Cobra. On the road I get people
sticking their thumbs up to me. Yesterday while washing the car I even
had someone stop by and ask me if it was for sale. NOPE.
I used to have a GT, The Cobra is a different story. Get it.
Old November 29th 04, 06:24 AM
Gearhead-FMC

I just picked up am '03 Cobra with 11k miles. The car is pristine! Any
recommended upgrades that would improve performance without spending
thousands?

TIA

--
Gearhead-FMC
95" '03 FLHTCUI

Old November 29th 04, 09:46 PM
WraithCobra

CAI and a cat-back if it hasn't been done. These alone will get you 35-40
rwhp. Search through SVTPerformance
http://67.15.62.79/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81 and you will see what a few
thousand can do!
--
Mike
Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe

Old November 30th 04, 01:31 AM
Rein

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:24:12 -0800, "Gearhead-FMC"
> wrote:

>I just picked up am '03 Cobra with 11k miles. The car is pristine! Any
>recommended upgrades that would improve performance without spending
>thousands?
>
>TIA

BEsides the cai and cat-back, A SHIFTER !
Install a steeda triax (about 200 bucks, easily to install yourself)
and a gasket to prevent the noise (6 to 12 bucks)
Best thing to do, trust me. The stock shifter just doesn't belong in
this car.