Hudson rFactor addons for next to nothing

Old September 9th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony Rickard

Default Hudson rFactor addons for next to nothing

Hudson is getting a new job and will no longer be doing rFactor addons.
He is running a sale for his existing add ons and even giving away his
cameras. Tracks are now $2.75.

The site will close Sunday night.

http://hudsonkerr.com/index.php

I paid full price for his stuff and thought it was good value. It is top
quality stuff and I would recommend snapping it up.

Without getting into a payware debate I think it is a shame the option
for Hudson's addons will be lost and wish him all the best for the future.

Cheers
Tony
Old September 9th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan Bernardo

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
.uk...
> Hudson is getting a new job and will no longer be doing rFactor addons. He
> is running a sale for his existing add ons and even giving away his
> cameras. Tracks are now $2.75.
>
> The site will close Sunday night.
>
> http://hudsonkerr.com/index.php
>
> I paid full price for his stuff and thought it was good value. It is top
> quality stuff and I would recommend snapping it up.
>
> Without getting into a payware debate I think it is a shame the option for
> Hudson's addons will be lost and wish him all the best for the future.
>
> Cheers
> Tony

It's a shame he doesn't just release them at no cost too. I just don't dig
those people who pile on to retail releases, trying to make a buck. It
reminds me of those who always want to make money out of tragedies-- or who
always want to make money out of anything. I just will never understand why
people chase money around like that. (OT)

Alanb

Old September 9th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
COREY

Alan Bernardo wrote:
> "Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
> .uk...
>> Hudson is getting a new job and will no longer be doing rFactor addons. He
>> is running a sale for his existing add ons and even giving away his
>> cameras. Tracks are now $2.75.
>>
>> The site will close Sunday night.
>>
>> http://hudsonkerr.com/index.php
>>
>> I paid full price for his stuff and thought it was good value. It is top
>> quality stuff and I would recommend snapping it up.
>>
>> Without getting into a payware debate I think it is a shame the option for
>> Hudson's addons will be lost and wish him all the best for the future.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Tony

> It's a shame he doesn't just release them at no cost too. I just don't dig
> those people who pile on to retail releases, trying to make a buck. It
> reminds me of those who always want to make money out of tragedies-- or who
> always want to make money out of anything. I just will never understand why
> people chase money around like that. (OT)
>
> Alanb

I'll never understand what the hell made you such an asshole.
Old September 9th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony Rickard

Alan Bernardo wrote:
> "Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
> .uk...
>> Hudson is getting a new job and will no longer be doing rFactor addons. He
>> is running a sale for his existing add ons and even giving away his
>> cameras. Tracks are now $2.75.
>>
>> The site will close Sunday night.
>>
>> http://hudsonkerr.com/index.php
>>
>> I paid full price for his stuff and thought it was good value. It is top
>> quality stuff and I would recommend snapping it up.
>>
>> Without getting into a payware debate I think it is a shame the option for
>> Hudson's addons will be lost and wish him all the best for the future.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Tony

> It's a shame he doesn't just release them at no cost too. I just don't dig
> those people who pile on to retail releases, trying to make a buck. It
> reminds me of those who always want to make money out of tragedies-- or who
> always want to make money out of anything. I just will never understand why
> people chase money around like that. (OT)

Sort of like changing a closing down sale sign in a shop to loot me now...
Old September 10th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan Bernardo

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
k...
> Alan Bernardo wrote:
>> "Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
>> .uk...
>>> Hudson is getting a new job and will no longer be doing rFactor addons.
>>> He is running a sale for his existing add ons and even giving away his
>>> cameras. Tracks are now $2.75.
>>>
>>> The site will close Sunday night.
>>>
>>> http://hudsonkerr.com/index.php
>>>
>>> I paid full price for his stuff and thought it was good value. It is top
>>> quality stuff and I would recommend snapping it up.
>>>
>>> Without getting into a payware debate I think it is a shame the option
>>> for Hudson's addons will be lost and wish him all the best for the
>>> future.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Tony

>> It's a shame he doesn't just release them at no cost too. I just don't
>> dig those people who pile on to retail releases, trying to make a buck.
>> It reminds me of those who always want to make money out of tragedies--
>> or who always want to make money out of anything. I just will never
>> understand why people chase money around like that. (OT)

> Sort of like changing a closing down sale sign in a shop to loot me now...

Why not? For all those who have purchased his stuff in the past, it would
be a nice gesture. What does the guy plan to do with his stuff otherwise?
If this were you, and your choices were to give the stuff away for free, or
to just pack up and be done with it, what would you do? But since there's
always the lingering lure of making money somewhere down the road (for
whatever end), my guess is the guy would rather close up shop and give no
one nothing, unless it means cash for him.

Alanb

Old September 10th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony Rickard

Alan Bernardo wrote:
>>> It's a shame he doesn't just release them at no cost too. I just don't
>>> dig those people who pile on to retail releases, trying to make a buck.
>>> It reminds me of those who always want to make money out of tragedies--
>>> or who always want to make money out of anything. I just will never
>>> understand why people chase money around like that. (OT)

>> Sort of like changing a closing down sale sign in a shop to loot me now...

> Why not? For all those who have purchased his stuff in the past, it would
> be a nice gesture. What does the guy plan to do with his stuff otherwise?
> If this were you, and your choices were to give the stuff away for free, or
> to just pack up and be done with it, what would you do? But since there's
> always the lingering lure of making money somewhere down the road (for
> whatever end), my guess is the guy would rather close up shop and give no
> one nothing, unless it means cash for him.

Well you can't please everyone. Someone will be ****ed that they paid
full price and now it is free, others may have been planning to purchase
and see favoritism to previous customers etc etc. A closing down sale
seems the right thing to do. I would guess there are costs for the
ecommerce site right up to the closure that need to be covered. Plus who
knows what may happen in the future, but giving away free what was full
price a week ago does not seem a good way to keep potential customers.

Cheers
Tony