2000 GMC Window problem

Old March 22nd 04, 05:37 PM
Doug Arthurs

Default 2000 GMC Window problem

The power window on my 4x4 is working real slow. Does anyone else have
trouble with these. I`m trying to figure out if the motor has a problem
of if its just a lubrication issue. Also if it is the motor does anyone
know of a source for replacements beside the dealer and the correct
lubrication to use.

Old March 22nd 04, 09:29 PM
Roger Brown

Doug Arthurs wrote:

> The power window on my 4x4 is working real slow. Does anyone else have
> trouble with these. I`m trying to figure out if the motor has a problem
> of if its just a lubrication issue. Also if it is the motor does anyone
> know of a source for replacements beside the dealer and the correct
> lubrication to use.

USually a shot of spray on silicone lube in the window tracks and on the rubber parts will help out a lot.

--
Roger
Old March 22nd 04, 09:29 PM
Roger Brown

Old March 22nd 04, 10:46 PM
Matt Mead

>Doug Arthurs wrote:
>>
>> The power window on my 4x4 is working real slow. Does anyone else have
>> trouble with these. I`m trying to figure out if the motor has a problem
>> of if its just a lubrication issue. Also if it is the motor does anyone
>> know of a source for replacements beside the dealer and the correct
>> lubrication to use.

A slowing motor seems pretty typical on GM power windows before they
die. (Both on my GM van behaved that way too.)

You can get the motor at any parts house and Ebay has some good deals
on new ones too.

Matt
99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4
Old March 22nd 04, 10:46 PM
Matt Mead

>Doug Arthurs wrote:
>>
>> The power window on my 4x4 is working real slow. Does anyone else have
>> trouble with these. I`m trying to figure out if the motor has a problem
>> of if its just a lubrication issue. Also if it is the motor does anyone
>> know of a source for replacements beside the dealer and the correct
>> lubrication to use.

A slowing motor seems pretty typical on GM power windows before they
die. (Both on my GM van behaved that way too.)

You can get the motor at any parts house and Ebay has some good deals
on new ones too.

Matt
99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4

E60 window noise problem Oliver Hui BMW 4 November 8th 04 12:44 AM
Broken driver window system A6 2000 (repost) Josh Audi 2 September 28th 04 11:10 PM
Driver window A2 -2000 Josh Audi 0 September 6th 04 05:43 PM
2000 Grand Caravan Radio Problem Jen Dodge 4 May 18th 04 12:42 AM