Alfa SZ?

Old April 25th 04, 09:57 PM
Ppelectron

Default Alfa SZ?

I've just seen a really pretty looking Alfa, which I believe was an SZ, (after
a quick search on the Internet for pics). Very sporty looking car with 3
headlights on each side and a nice sounding engine. Anyone on here got one? Are
they rare / expensive? Any idea how much they sell for? I could really see
myself buying one ....

Phil 156 V6
(UK)
Old April 25th 04, 10:10 PM
Carl Farrington

"Ppelectron" > wrote in message
> I've just seen a really pretty looking Alfa, which I believe was an SZ,

(after
> a quick search on the Internet for pics). Very sporty looking car with 3
> headlights on each side and a nice sounding engine. Anyone on here got

one? Are
> they rare / expensive? Any idea how much they sell for? I could really see
> myself buying one ....
>
> Phil 156 V6
> (UK)

LHD only. Used prices now around £17,00 IIRC. Check autotrader. RZ was the
even rarer roadster version.

Old April 25th 04, 10:19 PM
SteveH

Carl Farrington > wrote:

> "Ppelectron" > wrote in message
> > I've just seen a really pretty looking Alfa, which I believe was an SZ,

> (after
> > a quick search on the Internet for pics). Very sporty looking car with 3
> > headlights on each side and a nice sounding engine. Anyone on here got

> one? Are
> > they rare / expensive? Any idea how much they sell for? I could really see
> > myself buying one ....
> >
> > Phil 156 V6
> > (UK)

> LHD only. Used prices now around £17,00 IIRC. Check autotrader. RZ was the
> even rarer roadster version.

£17k if you're lucky.

Last one I saw for sale was at Alfa Aid - in excess of £20k.

<checks autotrader>

£17995 seems to be the entry point.

Why are they all such low mileage? - Being based on the 75, there's no
reason why they wouldn't make a decent daily driver.

<runs off to buy lottery ticket>

VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old April 26th 04, 09:25 AM
Catman

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:19:23 +0100, (SteveH)
wrote:

>Carl Farrington > wrote:
>
>> "Ppelectron" > wrote in message
>> > I've just seen a really pretty looking Alfa, which I believe was an SZ,

>> (after
>> > a quick search on the Internet for pics). Very sporty looking car with 3
>> > headlights on each side and a nice sounding engine. Anyone on here got

>> one? Are
>> > they rare / expensive? Any idea how much they sell for? I could really see
>> > myself buying one ....
>> >
>> > Phil 156 V6
>> > (UK)

>> LHD only. Used prices now around £17,00 IIRC. Check autotrader. RZ was the
>> even rarer roadster version.

>£17k if you're lucky.

*very*
Jamies normally kicks off at about 20

>Last one I saw for sale was at Alfa Aid - in excess of £20k.

Bout right

><checks autotrader>
>
>£17995 seems to be the entry point.
>
>Why are they all such low mileage? - Being based on the 75, there's no
>reason why they wouldn't make a decent daily driver.

Rarity. Fule consumption (IIRC the engine is a tuned 3.2, but 3l at
least) Oh, and being hand built (assembled / hurled together /
modeled, delete as applicable) I guess repair of the body is not that
simple

><runs off to buy lottery ticket>

Get one for me too. Steve knows my feelings on the SZ well.

Only officialy available in 2 colours: Red for the SZ, yellow for the
RZ.
Saw a *fantastic* SZ in black at last year's National Alfa Day. Steve
might even get the photos up. Menawhile:

http://www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk/nad2000.html
Bottom two photos

http://www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk/nad2002.html

Couple of nice ones here, including the Autodelta superchrged one.
(Bandwidth heavy)

--
Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
Old April 26th 04, 04:12 PM
Gio

> Only officialy available in 2 colours: Red for the SZ, yellow for the
> RZ.

not that true ..... SZ was officially available only in Red, the RZ
officialy: Yellow, Red, Black ..... then there were some exepctions made
for Mr. Zagato personally (silver RZ and black SZ I think)

http://home.wxs.nl/~evdbeek/monster.html <= many many informations on the
Mostro di Milano

Old April 26th 04, 04:47 PM
Tom Boltwood

> From: (Ppelectron)
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> Date: 25 Apr 2004 20:57:08 GMT
> Subject: Alfa SZ?
>
> I've just seen a really pretty looking Alfa, which I believe was an SZ, (after
> a quick search on the Internet for pics). Very sporty looking car with 3
> headlights on each side and a nice sounding engine. Anyone on here got one?
> Are
> they rare / expensive? Any idea how much they sell for? I could really see
> myself buying one ....
>
> Phil 156 V6
> (UK)

Rocking horse ****. Never seen one myself, although Catman's photos suggest
there are more of them than I thought. They must be the only ones in the
country.

Old April 26th 04, 06:48 PM
Alfistagj

"Ppelectron" > schreef in bericht
> I've just seen a really pretty looking Alfa, which I believe was an SZ,

(after
> a quick search on the Internet for pics). Very sporty looking car with 3
> headlights on each side and a nice sounding engine. Anyone on here got

one? Are
> they rare / expensive? Any idea how much they sell for? I could really see
> myself buying one ....
>
> Phil 156 V6
> (UK)

check this: http://home.wxs.nl/~evdbeek/monster.html
THE SZ/RZ website
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

Old April 26th 04, 07:16 PM
Antti

"Pete" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:47:31 +0100, Tom Boltwood >,
> wrote:
>

> >Rocking horse ****. Never seen one myself, although Catman's photos

suggest
> >there are more of them than I thought. They must be the only ones in the
> >country.

> Register says there are 60 odd in the UK. There was a nice line of them
> at the Alfa Day a couple of years ago. Personally I prefer the TZ.

heh I visited UK in 99 and saw 2 SZ during 2 weeks.
Antti
156V6

Old April 27th 04, 01:29 AM
George Graves

In article >,
"Gio" > wrote:

> > Only officialy available in 2 colours: Red for the SZ, yellow for the
> > RZ.

> not that true ..... SZ was officially available only in Red, the RZ
> officialy: Yellow, Red, Black ..... then there were some exepctions made
> for Mr. Zagato personally (silver RZ and black SZ I think)
>

> http://home.wxs.nl/~evdbeek/monster.html <= many many informations on the
> Mostro di Milano

The RZ/SZ site's history is wrong in one respect. It says that the
engine was a 3.0 liter DUAL overhead cam unit. It was not, it was a
stock 3.0-liter 'S' engine which was a SINGLE overhead cam motor. Alfa
didn't have a DOHC V-6 until 1994.

--
George Graves
------------------
Old April 27th 04, 08:50 PM
Catman

George Graves wrote:

> In article >,
> "Gio" > wrote:
>
>> > Only officialy available in 2 colours: Red for the SZ, yellow for the
>> > RZ.

>> not that true ..... SZ was officially available only in Red, the RZ
>> officialy: Yellow, Red, Black ..... then there were some exepctions made
>> for Mr. Zagato personally (silver RZ and black SZ I think)
>>

>> http://home.wxs.nl/~evdbeek/monster.html <= many many informations on
>> the Mostro di Milano

> The RZ/SZ site's history is wrong in one respect. It says that the
> engine was a 3.0 liter DUAL overhead cam unit. It was not, it was a
> stock 3.0-liter 'S' engine which was a SINGLE overhead cam motor. Alfa
> didn't have a DOHC V-6 until 1994.

Well, to be fair, there *are* two cams