mystery SUV

Old December 24th 04, 06:27 PM
Lloyd Randall

Default mystery SUV

A couple of days ago I saw an SUV turn around at the park. I took it to
be an Explorer or Blazer because it looked big and angular. However,
the rear side window was rounded and tapered toward the rear, like that
of a Focus. The roof curved downward toward the rear.

I don't know of a large SUV that's angular in front but curvy in back.
What could it have been?

--
Best Regards,
Lloyd
Old December 24th 04, 07:24 PM

Lloyd Randall wrote:
> A couple of days ago I saw an SUV turn around at the park. I took it

> be an Explorer or Blazer because it looked big and angular. However,

> the rear side window was rounded and tapered toward the rear, like

that
> of a Focus. The roof curved downward toward the rear.
>
> I don't know of a large SUV that's angular in front but curvy in

back.
> What could it have been?
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Lloyd

Chevy Equinox or Dodge Magnum

Old December 24th 04, 07:24 PM

Old December 24th 04, 07:26 PM

Old December 24th 04, 07:26 PM

Old December 24th 04, 09:47 PM
Dave C.

"Lloyd Randall" > wrote in message
>A couple of days ago I saw an SUV turn around at the park. I took it to
> be an Explorer or Blazer because it looked big and angular. However,
> the rear side window was rounded and tapered toward the rear, like that
> of a Focus. The roof curved downward toward the rear.
>
> I don't know of a large SUV that's angular in front but curvy in back.
> What could it have been?

Well, the back windows of the Pontiac Aztec / Buick Rendezvous look
suspiciously like the windows on the Focus. Those two butt-ugly SUVs are
roughly the same size as the Explorer/Blazer. -Dave

http://www.pontiac.com/aztek/gallery...=models_prices

Old December 24th 04, 09:47 PM
Dave C.

Old December 25th 04, 12:40 AM
Max

Lloyd Randall a écrit :
> In article .com>,
> wrote:
>

>>Lloyd Randall wrote:
>>
>>>A couple of days ago I saw an SUV turn around at the park. I took it

>>>be an Explorer or Blazer because it looked big and angular. However,

>>>the rear side window was rounded and tapered toward the rear, like

>>that
>>
>>>of a Focus. The roof curved downward toward the rear.
>>>
>>>I don't know of a large SUV that's angular in front but curvy in

>>back.
>>
>>>What could it have been?
>>>
>>>--
>>>Best Regards,
>>>Lloyd

>>Chevy Equinox or Dodge Magnum
>>

> Thanks. It was neither. The vehicle I saw was taller and less slanting
> in front. A few years ago, Cherokees, Blazers, and Explorers had lines
> like that.
>
> The vehicle I saw had low-profile tires with oversized rims and
> freewheeling chrome "spokes". This year, a woman used to bring her
> brothers to the park in an Explorer like that. At first I was sure I
> recognized the vehicle, but it hadn't had a back side window like that.
> It was sort of teardrop-shaped, like some Fucuses. It didn't match the
> vehicle's lines.
>
> If there is no production vehicle like that, it sounds as if the driver
> paid to customize it. She would have had to change the windows, the
> roof, and the tailgate. Sounds expensive!

Perhaps a Laforza, very rare... but doubt it looks like ^^

--
http://www.saab-900.tk