Aquarium drain and fill

Old July 20th 04, 10:05 PM
Jimmie

Default Aquarium drain and fill

After 4 years I finally got tired of hauling water to and from my aquariums
in buckets and went down to local pet store to buy one of those fill/drain
kits that hooks up to the kitchen faucet. $72.00 USD is what they wanted for
this thing. Couldnt believe it. Stppped by the local water bed place and got
there drain/fill kit. Local hrdwr store had the hose and required fittings.
Total cost about $25USD.

Old July 21st 04, 10:15 AM
Polarhound

Jimmie wrote:

After 4 years I finally got tired of hauling water to and from my aquariums
in buckets and went down to local pet store to buy one of those fill/drain
kits that hooks up to the kitchen faucet. $72.00 USD is what they wanted for
this thing. Couldnt believe it. Stppped by the local water bed place and got
there drain/fill kit. Local hrdwr store had the hose and required fittings.
Total cost about $25USD.

I have never paid more than $25 in an LFS for a Python. Given what
others have paid, I find your $72 price quote very hard to believe in
the first place.
Old July 21st 04, 02:07 PM
Jimmie

"Polarhound" wrote in message
Jimmie wrote:

After 4 years I finally got tired of hauling water to and from my

aquariums
in buckets and went down to local pet store to buy one of those

fill/drain
kits that hooks up to the kitchen faucet. $72.00 USD is what they wanted

for
this thing. Couldnt believe it. Stppped by the local water bed place and

got
there drain/fill kit. Local hrdwr store had the hose and required

fittings.
Total cost about $25USD.

I have never paid more than $25 in an LFS for a Python. Given what
others have paid, I find your $72 price quote very hard to believe in
the first place.

Check ot Pet Smart perhaps they are cheaper elsewhere.

Old July 21st 04, 02:25 PM
Jimmie

Jimmie wrote:

After 4 years I finally got tired of hauling water to and from my

aquariums
in buckets and went down to local pet store to buy one of those

fill/drain
kits that hooks up to the kitchen faucet. $72.00 USD is what they wanted

for
this thing. Couldnt believe it. Stppped by the local water bed place and

got
there drain/fill kit. Local hrdwr store had the hose and required

fittings.
Total cost about $25USD.

I have never paid more than $25 in an LFS for a Python. Given what
others have paid, I find your $72 price quote very hard to believe in
the first place.

$42.99 at Petco, 89.99 @ petsmart as looked up on internet. Wife saays I am
wrong about the 72 she said it was 69.99.. How do I get the feeling you are
the NG prick.

Old July 22nd 04, 02:28 PM
Ann Viverette

Default Aquarium drain and fill -- size does matter

The difference in price will be due to the length of the hose, more than
store markup. Name calling is not necessary, adults can disagree without
being disagreeable.

Ann Viverette

.com...

Old July 23rd 04, 07:07 AM
Polarhound

Jimmie wrote:

[...]

http://www.pet-expo.com/AQUARIUM_PYTHON.HTM - $22.95 for 25'

Even the 100' one there is less than your claim.

http://tinyurl.com/43fmk - www.marinedepot.com - $25.99 for 25'

Old July 23rd 04, 07:11 AM
Polarhound

As for your other prices, next time why don't you try checking them
before making outrageous claims:

http://tinyurl.com/56v9d - Petco - $23.39

http://tinyurl.com/4g7v6 - Petsmart - $24.99

Petsmart doesn't even SELL an 89.99 Python. Their top one is the 100'
model for $68.99.

Next time try not to make yourself look like such a tool.

Old July 23rd 04, 07:12 AM
Polarhound

Ann Viverette wrote:

The difference in price will be due to the length of the hose, more than
store markup. Name calling is not necessary, adults can disagree without
being disagreeable.

If you look closely, you will see that the only places his quoted prices
can be found is in his little fantasy world.
Old July 23rd 04, 07:13 AM
Polarhound

Jimmie wrote:

After 4 years I finally got tired of hauling water to and from my

aquariums

in buckets and went down to local pet store to buy one of those

fill/drain

kits that hooks up to the kitchen faucet. $72.00 USD is what they wanted

for

this thing. Couldnt believe it. Stppped by the local water bed place and

got

there drain/fill kit. Local hrdwr store had the hose and required

fittings.

Total cost about $25USD.

I have never paid more than $25 in an LFS for a Python. Given what
others have paid, I find your $72 price quote very hard to believe in
the first place.

Check ot Pet Smart perhaps they are cheaper elsewhere.

I did check Petsmart. $24.99.

Next time come back with a clue.
Old July 23rd 04, 07:36 PM
Ann Viverette

I believe he said that the LFS was asking $72, I called my local Petsmart
and was quoted 50' Python for $70, so that LFS price is probably typical. I
have made an 80' "drain and fill" for about $20, with the connectors and
tubing, not the waterbed attachment ($6) so I find his quoted prices rather
reasonable.

I find your reaction to be interesting, is there some running disagreement
you have with this person? Your hostility is unwarranted -- at least within
the contexts of this particular post. There must be something else going on,
eh?

Ann Viverette, wondering where your rage came from