156 Sportswagon Sound system

Old June 15th 05, 07:09 PM
Mike Johnson

Default 156 Sportswagon Sound system

Hi,

I've been told that I can't buy a 156 Sportswagon with the BOSE sound
system. The factory in Italy won't build them anymore because the 156
will be replaced with the 159.

Does anyone know if one can buy the Bose sound system (where) and
install it one self ?

TIA

MJ
Old June 15th 05, 07:56 PM
alfistagj

Sound logical that as soon as the 159 is on the market that the 156 will be
not delivered anymore ;-)

AFAIK the BOSE sounds system is not available in the after market.
Reason is that amplifier/speakers/equalizer are specifically designed,
specified and matched for a specific car cabin and they feel that the after
market is too small per specific car modell to be financially interesting.
Looking at the price Alfa charges for the BOSE option I must say that it
will be very hard to beat that quality at that price.
I have it in my GT and are absolutely happy with it, but having BOSE in the
house for decades may be a reason.
What I do hear is that some die hard heavy metal fans (and similar "music"
lovers) feel that the max sound pressure could be higher, but I never heard
a in-car system with this volume and so little distortion.
Be aware however that BOSE is NOT involved in the tuner/CD/MP3 player, so
the BOSE system is an add-on to the regular system!!
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"Mike Johnson" > schreef in bericht

Sound System TCCdestroy Audi 35 June 26th 05 08:30 AM
YOU CAN'T DRIVE TOO SLOW Laura Bush murdered her boy friend Driving 93 April 21st 05 10:34 AM
Questions about 1999 CRV Sound System jj Honda 1 March 30th 05 05:18 AM
Infinity Sound System hachiroku Dodge 3 February 18th 05 05:31 PM
1990 V8 Sound system S William Mote Audi 3 November 6th 04 06:24 PM