cj5 shackle question

Old May 19th 05, 06:40 PM
bingobongo

springs where used, I have no idea what brand. Nothing is shimmed I have no
vibrations to speak of.

Old May 19th 05, 09:34 PM
bingobongo

No response to the picture? You called me a troll, I'm not. You asked for a
pic, I gave it to you, no response???

Old May 19th 05, 09:42 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Thanks, I see the rust, indicating a crack has started between the
frame and perch from being wiggled back and forth.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 19th 05, 09:56 PM
bingobongo

**** dog, show me a 16year old Jeep without rust on it, thats just a weak
argument. And we were talking about how these shackles should flatten my
srpings, which they haven't

Old May 19th 05, 09:57 PM
bingobongo

and there's no crack....FYI

Old May 19th 05, 10:06 PM
Jeff Strickland

It pains me to side with Bill, but those are horrible. I can't imagine how
they don't screw up the steering geometry -- I saw what you said to Mike
about no vibes, but you have mucked up the driveshaft angles for both ends
or your Jeep, and have severely hosed the Caster angle, which should make
handling an interesting experience.

But, even if you have no vibes and no handling problems, those shackles
should be outlawed. Sorry.

Old May 19th 05, 10:14 PM
bingobongo

what can I say, there are non of the issues you guys say there should
be...I'm not eating u-joints and it handles the same as it did before the
shackles

Old May 19th 05, 10:24 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Magnaflux it, it's working.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 19th 05, 10:26 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hey troll, I do have a life, I've got people to see, things to do,
places to go.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 19th 05, 10:31 PM
bingobongo

**** bill, then I guess there are cracks in my rims, cracks in the fenders,
the WHOLE frame is just one big crack.

it's 16years old....Your still avoiding my point. WHY AREN'T MY SPRINGS
FLAT? They aren't CLOSE to being new springs