Green Light Stump Remover

Old March 15th 05, 09:39 PM
Elaine T

Richard Sexton wrote:
I was just cruising Untergasser and saw that Oodinium can grow inside a
fish's intestine. They only rely partly on photosynthesis so a blackout

But do they reproduce there? WOuldn't the get expelled and become
free-swimming (then die).

Good point. Have you gotten a full cure with a tank blackout only?
I've never had the misfortune of battling velvet at home (knock wood).
In store tanks were we used formalin/malachite since blackout wasn't
possible in the racks.

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__

Old March 15th 05, 09:48 PM
Richard Sexton

In article ,
Elaine T wrote:
Richard Sexton wrote:
I was just cruising Untergasser and saw that Oodinium can grow inside a
fish's intestine. They only rely partly on photosynthesis so a blackout

But do they reproduce there? WOuldn't the get expelled and become
free-swimming (then die).

Good point. Have you gotten a full cure with a tank blackout only?
I've never had the misfortune of battling velvet at home (knock wood).
In store tanks were we used formalin/malachite since blackout wasn't
possible in the racks.

I may have tried it but I don't remember. It's too eaisly killed
to worry about really. I rememebr having to battle is 3 times
on about 30 years. Twice on killies - both
Nothobranchiuos (of course) and once now on bettas.
633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org