jdm dual halo lights

Old August 15th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
pro2040

Default jdm dual halo lights

I bought a pair of JDm dual halo lights for my 01 civic, for the most
parts it is "plug and play", but in order to power the halo lights is
says I need to connet the red wire to the positive node of the
signal/parking light and the black wire to the negative. I know which
wire are which but I can't seem to figure out how to connect them. The
only thing i can think of is cutting the wires before the connector and
slpicing the all of them togeather. Any suggestions??

Also the turn signal light is white and the housing is clear, not
amber. Is it illegal to have a turn signal light thats not amber?

Old August 15th 06, 05:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TeGGeR®

"pro2040" > wrote in
oups.com:

> I bought a pair of JDm dual halo lights for my 01 civic, for the most
> parts it is "plug and play", but in order to power the halo lights is
> says I need to connet the red wire to the positive node of the
> signal/parking light and the black wire to the negative. I know which
> wire are which but I can't seem to figure out how to connect them. The
> only thing i can think of is cutting the wires before the connector and
> slpicing the all of them togeather. Any suggestions??

Scotchlok connectors, barrel crimp connectors, soldered connection, all
kinds.

> Also the turn signal light is white and the housing is clear, not
> amber. Is it illegal to have a turn signal light thats not amber?

According to the US federal MVSS 108, yes. But that ceases to be of issue
once the car is past customs or is past the point of initial sale.
According to your state's codes, maybe not. What state are you in? Some
explicitly mention it, some do not.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old August 15th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
pro2040

TeGGeR® wrote:
> "pro2040" > wrote in
> oups.com:
>
> > I bought a pair of JDm dual halo lights for my 01 civic, for the most
> > parts it is "plug and play", but in order to power the halo lights is
> > says I need to connet the red wire to the positive node of the
> > signal/parking light and the black wire to the negative. I know which
> > wire are which but I can't seem to figure out how to connect them. The
> > only thing i can think of is cutting the wires before the connector and
> > slpicing the all of them togeather. Any suggestions??

> Scotchlok connectors, barrel crimp connectors, soldered connection, all
> kinds.
>

> > Also the turn signal light is white and the housing is clear, not
> > amber. Is it illegal to have a turn signal light thats not amber?
> >

> According to the US federal MVSS 108, yes. But that ceases to be of issue
> once the car is past customs or is past the point of initial sale.
> According to your state's codes, maybe not. What state are you in? Some
> explicitly mention it, some do not.
>

> --
> TeGGeR®
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

Thanks im going to try one of those. I live in NY

Old August 15th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TeGGeR®

"pro2040" > wrote in
oups.com:

> TeGGeR® wrote:

>> > Also the turn signal light is white and the housing is clear, not
>> > amber. Is it illegal to have a turn signal light thats not amber?
>> >

>> According to the US federal MVSS 108, yes. But that ceases to be of
>> issue once the car is past customs or is past the point of initial
>> sale. According to your state's codes, maybe not. What state are you
>> in? Some explicitly mention it, some do not.
>>

> Thanks im going to try one of those. I live in NY

Then look at this:
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/broch/c-50.htm

I checked he
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/forms.htm
and found this PDF of the inspection regulations themselves:
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/forms/cr79.pdf

Looks like section 79.21(e)(2)(b) might make your lamps illegal if NY
requires side reflectors for your year. You'd have to dig up the relevant
state Motor Vehicle Safety Standard to find out if NY state regulations
require side reflectors. Chances are they do. A local inspection station
surely would have a copy of the MVSS in question.