caught speeding by following

Old May 20th 05, 10:01 PM
Motorhead Lawyer

Old Wolf wrote:
> wrote:
> > thanks for all your replies. I see there are a few questions
> > being asked. First the cop was standing on the side of the road
> > with the radar in his hand. Therefore as we approached he told
> > us both to pull over.

> Did you consider not pulling over? You would have been well off
> in the distance by the time the cop got in his car -- and there
> would have been a good chance that he wouldn't have even bothered
> chasing you if the other guy had pulled over. And if there
> was any question in court, you could say you didn't see him, or
> thought he was signalling to the car which was actually
> in line of sight with his radar.

Agreed. This is a perfect example of what happens to you when you
violate one of my primary rules: "Never act guilty."

Unless there's *no other car around* when a cop gestures to me, I'm not
pulling over until there's disco lights one car length back in *my*
mirror. I *always* assume that the LEO wants somebody *else*. There's
absolutely no harm in making him/her make it *crystal clear* thet it's
*me* they want to talk to.

In 95% of cases like this, the LEO is going to go with the fish he
*caught*, not the one that got away (It's that old 'bird in the hand'
thing.). I'd just motor sedately on my way (while losing an
appropriate amount of forward momentum) and act as if nothing had
happened. I can *always* apologize sufficiently for thinking he really
wanted the *other guy*.
--
C.R. Krieger
(Been there; done that - lotsa' times)

Speeding bus driver loses control and kills two innocent people Ted B. Driving 15 May 12th 05 06:11 PM
Help: Speeding Ticket in Atlanta RKN Driving 3 May 5th 05 04:36 PM
Speeding sucks Magnulus Driving 191 April 26th 05 05:21 AM
Car Rental Company Told to Stop Overcharging Speeding Customers Big Bill Driving 0 April 6th 05 09:54 PM
Running a stop sign is not speeding John F. Carr Driving 19 January 19th 05 06:50 PM