Bicyclists - Best way to punish drivers who endanger you

Old February 22nd 05, 05:59 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article .com>,
> wrote:
>
>Claire Petersky wrote:
>>

>> Scott in previous posts has expressed concern about people smelling

>bad
>> after some form of exercise. Frank, it might be true in Texas where

>Scott is
>> from. Something about the diet, maybe?
>>

>Now that's something I hadn't seriously considered. Could stinky sweat
>be linked to (for example) eating too much beef, as well as to
>unpleasant skin bacteria? There certainly could be more than one
>explanation.

Eating meat certainly changes your body odor, but not eating meat does
not result in odorless sweat. If you think you don't have a strong odor after
a reasonably long bike ride, you're kidding yourself.
Old February 22nd 05, 07:08 PM
Buck

Claire Petersky wrote:
> Scott in previous posts has expressed concern about people smelling

bad
> after some form of exercise. Frank, it might be true in Texas where

Scott is
> from. Something about the diet, maybe?

Naw, it ain't the food. It *is* pretty hot and can get quite humid in
the eastern half of the state.

However, I lived there (and commuted by bicycle) for many years and
didn't have the stinky sweat problem. In fact, I haven't had a shower
waiting for me at work either. I just have a cool-down period in front
of a fan, a clean change of clothes, and a place to hang up the wet
ones to dry. As a student, I didn't even go that far - just stayed near
some moving air until I dried. My cohorts in grad school would have
told me if I was odiferous (they told another guy who got sweaty
walking from his car).

The secret? Shower before you head to work, clean your clothes properly
before wearing them, wear anti-perspirant instead of deodorant, and get
dry as quickly as possible when you get where you are going.

Smells come from bacterial growth (supplemented by the foods we eat, of
course). Keep yourself clean and dry and you eliminate the source of
the smell. It works for me!

-Buck

Old February 23rd 05, 02:12 AM

Matthew Russotto wrote:
> If you think you don't have a strong odor after
> a reasonably long bike ride, you're kidding yourself.

OK, silly me. I believed my wife, my daughter, my doctor and my
friends at work instead of a guy on the interenet who's never been near
me.

My mistake.

;-)

Old February 23rd 05, 10:02 AM
Philip Davidson

The Richard Dawson of Rogers Park wrote:
> On 21 Feb 2005 17:51:39 -0800, in misc.transport.road "Philip
> Davidson" > wrote:
>

>rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc,misc.transpor t.road,soc.culture.german
> >The Richard Dawson of Rogers Park wrote:
> >> On 21 Feb 2005 11:28:12 -0800, in misc.transport.road "Philip
> >> Davidson" > wrote:

Vietnamese,

dirty,
> >fat

> >followed

> >was

> >transportation.

British

in
> >one

> >> You know, they make pills for that particular issue.
> >>
> >> No longer do you have to face the shame of premature

matriculation.

> >Why? What is a matter with premature ejaculation?
> >You are not one of those people who insists
> >that it should be mutual satisfaction are you?
> >I'm simply not interested in that.. All I wish to do
> >is empty my ball-bags..

> Well, thanks for letting all of us at r.a.d, r.b.m, m.t.r -and- s.c.g
> know that!
>
> We are now all the smarter for having that much more knowledge about
> your sex "life".

You are welcome.
I've always considered my cock the centre of the universe.

Some day somewhere somehow in one of my generous
good moments I may let you sit on it
and you can say thank you Sir.

Old February 23rd 05, 10:11 AM
Universal Soldier

Philip Davidson wrote:

>> >Why? What is a matter with premature ejaculation?
>> >You are not one of those people who insists
>> >that it should be mutual satisfaction are you?
>> >I'm simply not interested in that.. All I wish to do
>> >is empty my ball-bags..

>> Well, thanks for letting all of us at r.a.d, r.b.m, m.t.r -and- s.c.g
>> know that!
>>
>> We are now all the smarter for having that much more knowledge about
>> your sex "life".

> You are welcome.
> I've always considered my cock the centre of the universe.
>
> Some day somewhere somehow in one of my generous
> good moments I may let you sit on it
> and you can say thank you Sir.

What are you, some kind of an atheist?
Old February 23rd 05, 10:26 AM
Universal Soldier

Claire Petersky wrote:

> You've been sitting, warm
> and logy in front of your computer all day at work. Now, you're in your
> thermal tights and jacket, and as soon as you emerge on to the street, the
> rain hits your face, the traffic is running, and you've got to wake up and
> ride.

Wait until someone drives 5" next to you at 60 mph, covers you with mud from
head to toe, then you /really/ wake up.

Old February 23rd 05, 10:58 AM
OG Loc

TV's Universal Soldier wrote:

> What are you, some kind of an atheist?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

--

"Shake says that books are from the devil, and that TV is twice as fast" -
Meatwad

Old February 23rd 05, 04:07 PM
Preston Crawford

On 2005-02-23, Universal Soldier > wrote:
> Claire Petersky wrote:
>
>> You've been sitting, warm
>> and logy in front of your computer all day at work. Now, you're in your
>> thermal tights and jacket, and as soon as you emerge on to the street, the
>> rain hits your face, the traffic is running, and you've got to wake up and
>> ride.

> Wait until someone drives 5" next to you at 60 mph, covers you with mud from
> head to toe, then you /really/ wake up.

Been there. They don't really usually cover you head to toe. And even then
mud comes off so it's not a big deal. Only wusses are afraid of mud.

Preston