2000 Ford Expedition Engine Fire Pictures

Old April 12th 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default 2000 Ford Expedition Engine Fire Pictures

My 2000 Ford Expedition suffered an engine fire due to the faulty
cruise control deactivation device that shorted and ignited the master
brake cylinder.

To see my pictures of my totalled SUV click on the link below.

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/F...ire/index.html

Old April 14th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Another good example why ford is shutting down more factories. I bet they
did not offer to replace or help replace it. I had a contour with a dash
recall. Ford had a fix for this problem. They installed the fix to my car
before I had a problem. After the fix kit my dash come apart. Well I took it
back and found out they had to make a second kit because the first kit was
not solving the problems. Well they refused to fix it because they already
did it before even though the kit was defective in design. Now I no longer
have it. I bought a Mazda Tribute. I would have not bought it either if I
new it was made by Ford at the time.

IMO Its not as much as the poor quality they are putting out these days, but
the fact that they don't want to stand behind what they build and sell. So
that's why people are looking at foreign cars. Even though employees only
make 1 dollar an hour they still take pride in their work. Its not just
automotive neither. I find alot of large American companies don't care about
the employees or their products as much as they care about how many and how
fast they can push their products out the door. Plus they put so much stress
on the employees they either don't care or cant do quality because they are
made to do 50 different tasks at one time. And if you cant make your quota
your out the door.

I know its all about making money and spending as less as possible. But
something has to give. If Ford wants to keep their current practice of not
standing behind their products and treating people like nobodies then they
are going to have to slash prices to sell. Plus you cant tell me it cost
almost 40 grand to build a full size truck or SUV. I seen on TV along time
ago. 20/20 or dateline, one of those shows. They said it only cost about 5K
to build a ford explorer. Parts, labor, electric, tools and etc. I would
have to say Greed has alot to do with it their situation too. Another good
example of greed would be Wal-Mart. Look what they make in profits for one
day and think about how much the employees make. America these days is all
about #1 and screwing who ever you can to get ahead. Its one thing to screw
bill gates out of some cash. Not saying its right though, but its another
thing to screw a disabled, retired or little person that only can find a job
pushing buggies at Wal-Mart for a living.

If more people would share the wealth this country would be a much better
place to live. I'm not saying give people a free ride. I'm saying Pay higher
wages and lower prices on goods just enough to still live a happy worry free
life.

oups.com...