TV Antennas on Rear Window Cause Problems ?

Old April 5th 06, 06:55 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default TV Antennas on Rear Window Cause Problems ?

I'm installing a set of "Diversity Antennas" like these:
http://12.41.28.254/pyle/PLVWAN6.jpg

My cars radio antenna is on the rear window.
If I mount the TV antennas on the inside rear window as instructed in
the manual, will they cause any problem for the radio signal ?

thanks

2004 TSX

Old April 5th 06, 01:07 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

klara wrote:
> I'm installing a set of "Diversity Antennas" like these:
> http://12.41.28.254/pyle/PLVWAN6.jpg
>
> My cars radio antenna is on the rear window.
> If I mount the TV antennas on the inside rear window as instructed in
> the manual, will they cause any problem for the radio signal ?
>
> thanks
>

> 2004 TSX

I don't see any reason why the radio would suffer any signal
degradation. You want to be sure that you don't lay a conductive
surface over the printed antenna "lines", though. And don't attach
anything to the rear defroster grid area.

Toyota MDT in MO

Old April 5th 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

klara wrote:
> I'm installing a set of "Diversity Antennas" like these:
> http://12.41.28.254/pyle/PLVWAN6.jpg
>
> My cars radio antenna is on the rear window.
> If I mount the TV antennas on the inside rear window as instructed in
> the manual, will they cause any problem for the radio signal ?
>
> thanks
>

> 2004 TSX

In my experience they are not quite as omnidirectional as a whip
antenna (or they exhibit a bit of directionality), but the difference
is not really not of significance. Be sure to ground the antenna
exactly as the manufacturer says or the signal will be highly degraded.

Is this an aftermarket antenna?

Old April 5th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

John S. wrote:
> In my experience they are not quite as omnidirectional as a whip
> antenna (or they exhibit a bit of directionality), but the difference
> is not really not of significance. Be sure to ground the antenna
> exactly as the manufacturer says or the signal will be highly degraded.
>
> Is this an aftermarket antenna?

thanks yes it's pyle plvwan6

Old April 5th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

klara wrote:
> John S. wrote:
> > In my experience they are not quite as omnidirectional as a whip
> > antenna (or they exhibit a bit of directionality), but the difference
> > is not really not of significance. Be sure to ground the antenna
> > exactly as the manufacturer says or the signal will be highly degraded.
> >
> > Is this an aftermarket antenna?

> thanks yes it's pyle plvwan6

OK, thats the one with two sets of wires. Where do they have you
install the antennas...not the rear window I hope. It really isn't a
diversity antenna, but for $29.99 you could not expect one. Also be
sure all connections are good and that you have a solid ground.

Old April 5th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

John S. wrote:
> OK, thats the one with two sets of wires. Where do they have you
> install the antennas...not the rear window I hope. It really isn't a
> diversity antenna, but for $29.99 you could not expect one. Also be
> sure all connections are good and that you have a solid ground.

John,
Yes, instruction says to mount the bases on REAR WINDOW - upper
left/right corners so the antennas lie along the top/left/right edge of
the glass.

So mounting on rear windows is not good for what reason ?
thanks

Old April 5th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

klara wrote:
> John S. wrote:
> > OK, thats the one with two sets of wires. Where do they have you
> > install the antennas...not the rear window I hope. It really isn't a
> > diversity antenna, but for $29.99 you could not expect one. Also be
> > sure all connections are good and that you have a solid ground.

> John,
> Yes, instruction says to mount the bases on REAR WINDOW - upper
> left/right corners so the antennas lie along the top/left/right edge of
> the glass.
>
> So mounting on rear windows is not good for what reason ?
> thanks

Should not be a problem, other than appearance. The amplifier should
be kept as far away from the other atnennas as possible.

Old April 6th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

You can always look into a product which will take your current antenna and
split it out for the radio and the tv and not have to add another antenna at
all and stick an amp on it if you want.

these guys carry that sort of thing.

http://www.antennax.com/

"klara" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm installing a set of "Diversity Antennas" like these:
> http://12.41.28.254/pyle/PLVWAN6.jpg
>
> My cars radio antenna is on the rear window.
> If I mount the TV antennas on the inside rear window as instructed in
> the manual, will they cause any problem for the radio signal ?
>
> thanks
>

> 2004 TSX

Busted rear window - 3rd brake light out (97 Volvo 850 T-5) Joe S Technology 4 June 6th 05 08:56 PM
Rear Window 2005 Coupe Bubba1 Corvette 13 April 22nd 05 05:34 PM
Rear Electric Window liam Audi 3 December 6th 04 04:31 PM
FS: Power Slider Rear window for F150 Supercrew Shelby 4x4 8 December 26th 03 03:01 PM