Proof Positive You're Being MFFY'd With

Old February 28th 06, 07:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Proof Positive You're Being MFFY'd With

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> pocket. An oblivious **** would have simply slowed down even more and
> merged in behind me;

I dont see anything wrong either with doing 50 in a 55 zone in the *right* lane
or with the behavior you describe above. Why call that kind of driver an
oblvious ****?!
Old February 28th 06, 07:41 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

223rem wrote:

> Scott en Aztlán wrote:

>> pocket. An oblivious **** would have simply slowed down even more and
>> merged in behind me;

> I dont see anything wrong either with doing 50 in a 55 zone in the
> *right* lane or with the behavior you describe above. Why call that
> kind of driver an oblvious ****?!

Because he allowed someone to drive along side him for an extended
period of time. I normally give people around 15 seconds to get past
me. If I see it's going to take longer, I temporarily increase my speed
by 10 mph and maintain that for about 20 seconds before resuming my
previous cruising speed.

Eventually, they figure out they should either remain behind me, or pass
me quickly.
Old February 28th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán > wrote in
:

> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 06:09:33 GMT, 223rem > wrote:
>
>>Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>>> pocket. An oblivious **** would have simply slowed down even more
>>> and merged in behind me;

>>I dont see anything wrong either with doing 50 in a 55 zone in the
>>*right* lane or with the behavior you describe above. Why call that
>>kind of driver an oblvious ****?!

> 1) He was pacing an LLB to his left, with other traffic bunching up
> behind.
> 2) He wanted to make a left turn at the next light, but was in the
> wrong lane to do so. These oblivious ****s have no planning skills,
> and will drive in the wrong lane until the last moment, at which time
> they "wake up" and realize that they are about to miss their turn (or
> freeway exit) and suddenly make drastic, last-moment maneuvers to get
> into position.

I call them "last minute lunkheads";LMLs.

(I decided "Larry" was not appropriate;not all Larrys are LMLs.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik