2001 Buick Century Power Window not Working

Old January 28th 05, 05:55 PM

Default 2001 Buick Century Power Window not Working

I have a 2001 Buick Century and the rear right (passenger side) power
window is not working. How do I test to see what is wrong? I do not
think it is the switch since neither the one at the window nor the one
at the driver door works. So how do I test to see if it is the relay
or the motor? Any help will be appreciated.

Old January 29th 05, 03:23 AM
sdlomi2

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I have a 2001 Buick Century and the rear right (passenger side) power
> window is not working. How do I test to see what is wrong? I do not
> think it is the switch since neither the one at the window nor the one
> at the driver door works. So how do I test to see if it is the relay
> or the motor? Any help will be appreciated.

Just in case it has poorly-touching contacts, generally from lack of
use, try holding the switch in the "down" position while bumping(with your
or someone else's fist) the door panel in several spots to hopefully make
one or more bumps occur as close to the pw-motor as possible. Sometimes,
this will make it begin working again. If so, be sure to use it several
times a day for next 2-3 days--about 15 times total over the extended
period--not consecutively whereas the contacts may overheat. Good luck, &
HTH. s