'98 Honda Accord Timing Belt

Old February 19th 05, 12:51 AM
PK

Default '98 Honda Accord Timing Belt

Can someone tell me what all should be done when this is changed and a
approx. price? I have been quoted $449.00 - $700.00 from 5 different Honda
dealers. I would greatly appreciate any feedback as I have no idea where to
go or if I am getting ripped off. I have been told that this includes a
timing belt, balancer belt, water pump, coolant flush, 2 ext. drive belts,
and 1 other belt and also something about engine seals. Thanks for any
advice

Old February 19th 05, 01:10 AM
Gary and Karla

499 seems like a great price Why shop around?I paid about 599 for the same
job 98 v6 accord
m...

Old February 19th 05, 01:25 AM
PK

Thanks allot for the feedback. It was just odd to get such a broad range of
prices.
erver.com...

Old February 19th 05, 01:50 AM

Gary and Karla wrote:
> 499 seems like a great price Why shop around?I paid about 599 for the

same
> job 98 v6 accord
> "PK" > wrote in message
> m...
> > Can someone tell me what all should be done when this is changed

and a
> > approx. price? I have been quoted $449.00 - $700.00 from 5

different Honda
> > dealers. I would greatly appreciate any feedback as I have no idea

where
> > go or if I am getting ripped off. I have been told that this

includes a
> > timing belt, balancer belt, water pump, coolant flush, 2 ext. drive

belts,
> > and 1 other belt and also something about engine seals. Thanks for

any
> > advice

My local Honda dealer will charge $435 to change: Timeing Belt,
all belts and hoses and the water pump for 1994 Civic. To change
only the timeing belt is about $220.
Ernie

Old February 19th 05, 02:00 AM
PK

Sounds great. Looks like I will go with the $449.00. Thanks you guys for the
info.

m...

Old February 19th 05, 09:01 AM
SoCalMike

PK wrote:
> Can someone tell me what all should be done when this is changed and a
> approx. price? I have been quoted $449.00 - $700.00 from 5 different Honda
> dealers. I would greatly appreciate any feedback as I have no idea where to
> go or if I am getting ripped off. I have been told that this includes a
> timing belt, balancer belt, water pump, coolant flush, 2 ext. drive belts,
> and 1 other belt and also something about engine seals. Thanks for any
> advice

if theyre all dealers, and all doing the same exact things, id go with
the $449. thats pretty reasonable.
Old February 20th 05, 02:42 PM
duckbill

This is my first post on this site so I hope it goes well? You have already
received some excellent advice but I would caution you that the cheapest
price is not always the best deal. For example, some dealers will inspect
items while others will replace them. I would get my quote in writing and
ask for all my old parts back. This will force a not so good, tech to make
sure he replaces the parts. I have worked at a dealership and have seen
tech's skip on some of the items and no one be the wiser. Also, the old
belts can be carried in the trunk for an emergency. Good luck!