auto fridges and other "novelty items"

Old August 6th 14, 07:57 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default auto fridges and other "novelty items"

I see no autofridges from reputable sources where I live,
do you get anything from Whirlpool or some other reputable manufacturer in the US of A?

OT for those in the US of A: for some reason amazon.com shows hardly any gas clothes dryers,
what's available is korean and hardly inexpensive.

Why gas dryers are so rare even in the states?????

amazon in the UK lists singularly White Knight gas clothes dryer which according to the reviews is hardly
durable

where I live there are ZERO gas clothes dryers offerd, apparently noone
bothered to import them, sigh
Old August 6th 14, 02:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

> wrote:
>I see no autofridges from reputable sources where I live,
>do you get anything from Whirlpool or some other reputable manufacturer in the US of A?

These days, most of that stuff is so severely rebadged that you really can't
figure out who made it from the plate on the front.

What you want is called an "RV Refrigerator" in the US, and most places that
sell custom vans and RVs can probably get you one. I will say that our
broadcast truck has one from Norcold and it has always been fine.

>OT for those in the US of A: for some reason amazon.com shows hardly any gas clothes dryers,
>what's available is korean and hardly inexpensive.
>
>Why gas dryers are so rare even in the states?????

They aren't rare at all, lots of people have them. What is rare is for people
to buy white goods online, because they are large and so shipping becomes a
problem. My local shop, http://www.eastcoastappliance.com has a whole bunch
of them on their website, and you can probably call them and have one shipped
abroad if you really want.

>where I live there are ZERO gas clothes dryers offerd, apparently noone
>bothered to import them, sigh

You may have certification issues as well, and you should know that many of
the dryers will operate on city gas only, not propane.
--scott

Old August 8th 14, 03:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

On Wednesday, August 6, 2014 4:47:05 PM UTC+3, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> > wrote:
>
> >I see no autofridges from reputable sources where I live,

> >do you get anything from Whirlpool or some other reputable manufacturer in the US of A?

> These days, most of that stuff is so severely rebadged that you really can't
>
> figure out who made it from the plate on the front.
>

> What you want is called an "RV Refrigerator" in the US, and most places that
>
> sell custom vans and RVs can probably get you one. I will say that our
>
> broadcast truck has one from Norcold and it has always been fine.
>

> >OT for those in the US of A: for some reason amazon.com shows hardly any gas clothes dryers,

> >what's available is korean and hardly inexpensive.

> >Why gas dryers are so rare even in the states?????

> They aren't rare at all, lots of people have them. What is rare is for people
>
> to buy white goods online, because they are large and so shipping becomes a
>
> problem. My local shop, http://www.eastcoastappliance.com has a whole bunch
>
> of them on their website, and you can probably call them and have one shipped
>
> abroad if you really want.
>

> >where I live there are ZERO gas clothes dryers offerd, apparently noone

> >bothered to import them, sigh

> You may have certification issues as well, and you should know that many of
>
> the dryers will operate on city gas only, not propane.

Well, trust me, if all I had was propane I would find a better use for it than
running a gas dryer
.... such as operating a gas top

that and the city forbids running off propane tanks in apartments
somehow I think this has to do with the fire safety :-))))))

Thanks Scott
Old August 9th 14, 03:22 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

On Friday, August 8, 2014 10:10:35 PM UTC+8, wrote:

> that and the city forbids running off propane tanks in apartments
>
> somehow I think this has to do with the fire safety :-))))))

Internal appliance such as gas stoves burn lean to minimise carbon
monoxide. When people connect them to bottle gas, the risk is is pressure
regulator is different, as well as different gas, so you might end up
committing suicide.