2001 sw2 backup switch

Old April 23rd 05, 09:00 PM
greg shaffir via CarKB.com

Default 2001 sw2 backup switch

My backup lights aren't working,the fuse is ok, both bulbs check good,
where is the backup switch located ? Any other suspects i missed? thanks.
Old April 24th 05, 06:12 AM
private

"greg shaffir via CarKB.com" > wrote in message
> My backup lights aren't working,the fuse is ok, both bulbs check good,
> where is the backup switch located ? Any other suspects i missed? thanks.

The bu switch is located on the top of the transmission.

We also have no backup lights. I have tested the lamps, and wiring and the
switch tests ok. I suspect a bad connection at the switch connector. Any
comments from others?

Happy trails

Old April 24th 05, 02:57 PM
greg shaffir via CarKB.com

Thanks, what does it look like and where exactily is it located?

Old April 24th 05, 08:36 PM
Skip

Same thing happened on the 'ol 2000 sl2 (the sleek blue beauty). The
back-up switch is located on top of the transmission housing, you can
access it by removing the battery and it's tray. I pulled the computer
also, but found I didn't really need to. I think I had to go to the
dealer to get the switch, but it cost about $15 if I remember right.
You'll need a deep well metric socket... Good luck Mr. Phelps

greg shaffir via CarKB.com wrote:
> My backup lights aren't working,the fuse is ok, both bulbs check good,
> where is the backup switch located ? Any other suspects i missed? thanks.

Benjamin Franklin
Old April 25th 05, 12:47 AM
private

"greg shaffir via CarKB.com" > wrote in message
> Thanks, what does it look like and where exactily is it located?

snip

Do a goggle search. This thread was active a few weeks ago and somebody
posted a link to a website with photos of the switch area. It is the thing
on the top of the tranny with the electrical wires. (manual 5sp. I do not
know about the auto but suspect it is very similar) I was able to
disconnect the electrical connector without removing anything else.

You can test the light circuit by connecting the two contacts in the
connector, the bu lights should come on. The switch can be tested with a
continuity or ohm meter if you have a friend shift the tranny while you hold
the tester.

Happy trails