Little red light

Old July 25th 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
opeltodd

Default Little red light

I was just wondering if any of you have a little red light
on the top of the steering column just in front of the gauges
and if so, what's it for?
I'm new to the group and I haven't seen that many Miatas
up close and personal but I don't think I've seen any others
with this light.
Maybe an alarm beacon? A brake failure warning light?
Or is it just an addition made by the previous owner?

Just wondering...

Todd
Old July 25th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Peter A Kaufman

Probably an alarm led, is it on only when the doors are locked?

Peter

Old July 25th 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
mickey53usa

This is probably for an aftermarket alarm system. Neither my 95 or my
05 or any other Miata I have seen have a light there -

Old July 25th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
opeltodd

No, as a matter of fact, I've never seen it lit.

Old July 25th 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
opeltodd

Well, you've got me stumpped.
I was never told about an alarm and I haven't seen
anything that even looks like a security system.

Old July 25th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
"opeltodd" > wrote:

> I was never told about an alarm and I haven't seen
> anything that even looks like a security system.

Some people install a blinky light in an attempt to fool thieves into
thinking there's an alarm. When the battery dies, so does the light.